Problem with Photos in Windows

Started by Bob G, September 17, 2019, 07:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob G

Hi

I have an intermittent problem with the Windows photo viewer.
I'm using the latest version on Windows 10.

Some folders I can use the arrows on each side to go through the photographs in the album, whereas other albums I just cannot see the arrows. I can't find anything in the settings that resolves this. is it a problem with the photos themselves? (they are from a Sony RX-100 camera or from an iPhone 8 ).

Please help! I am no longer computer literate (I was in about 1986!)

Bob

ntpntpntp

Are the arrows there but just not very visible?  They only appear when your cursor is near the left and right edges of the window.

Try the left and right arrow keys - they should work the same as the arrow icons?
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Bob G

When it doesn't work it is because the arrows are just not there.
I'm wondering if it is the formatting of the photo itself, as some albums it works and others it doesn't.

Izzy

I have had this problem with the Win10 Photo viewer app. Although it has some benefits I much prefer the Win7 photo viewer, which seems quicker to use, and it appears I am not alone in this as you can install it instead on Win10. There are a few ways of doing this depending if it's a Win10 upgrade from Win7 or a new Win10 install. A Google search will bring up the options. 

Izzy

Bob G

Quote from: Izzy on September 17, 2019, 07:57:32 PM

I have had this problem with the Win10 Photo viewer app. Although it has some benefits I much prefer the Win7 photo viewer, which seems quicker to use, and it appears I am not alone in this as you can install it instead on Win10. There are a few ways of doing this depending if it's a Win10 upgrade from Win7 or a new Win10 install. A Google search will bring up the options. 

Izzy

Thanks for the insight. I usually pay for my IT advice, and my advisor usually Googles it too. Except he knows what he's doing!
Thanks
Bob

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations