Revolution's Cemflo PCV wagon or Accurascale's PC017 bulk cement wagon?

Started by ohlavache, October 29, 2018, 09:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohlavache

Hello.
I have some Presflo Bulk Powder wagons from Graham Farish and I'm wondering which newly announced wagon from Revolution or Accurascale would best go with those I already have.
Furthermore, can my Presflo bulk powder wagons be part of the same train with one of the two new wagon types?
Thanks for your advice.

Bob G

The Cemflo ran in bulk trains and in smaller numbers in other trains. Both presflos and cemflos were discharged by air injection to fluidise the cement powder.
Cemflo known for the class 33x2 from Kent to York, then class 40 to Scotland, or class 40 or AL5 on the WCML. Presflos were everywhere.
The Cemflo is a vacuum wagon, as is a Presflo, and they could run together in small rakes from the sixties to the mid 80s.
They were displaced by air braked designs including the Farish straight barrel and vee barrel PCAs and the Accurascale PC017s.

So Cemflos (built 1962 on) and Presflos (built 1955-1963) from green diesel era into blue diesel era.
PCAs of various incarnations from late 1970s including metalairs (1986) and PC017s (1982).

Hope this helps.
Bob

Steven B

You need the Revolution/Accurascale Cemflo. As Bob mentions, the brakes of the RealTrack/Accurascale PCA weren't compatible.

The Cemflow can be run with anything from a steam loco to an Intercity liveried class 47. There's a good thread on RMWeb with plenty of photos:
http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/134770-cemflo-by-accurascale

There are a couple of photos showing Cemflo alongside Presflo's, and on page 6 there's a class 40 hauling a train of the two types in 1983.

ohlavache

Many thanks to both of you.
It's very clear. I'll go for the Cemflo.
CU

Bob G

Fantastic
I wonder which pack includes the wagon which is designed to derail at speed?
Just a joke.
Bob

Bob G

There is another Cemflo thread with post #13 which has lots of model info.

I just ordered my rake to go behind a pair of green 33s.

Bob

crewearpley40

Thank you bob for your helpful insight on eras and types, lots etc. Useful

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations