Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

REALLY HAPPY TODAY...
and a bit SHOCKED...

SWMBO discharged from hospital saturday, discharge notes say when one of her medication courses finishes, see GP for review. that was today.

my thoughts .. yer right ....

but 08.30 this morning rang the surgery, got the helpful receptionist, explained situation, and was asked 'can you get her down here for 10.30 ?'

do bears errr live in the woods ?

so 10.38, saw GP, who if I hadn't phoned last monday to advise she had been taken into hospital by ambulance, and could a message be passed to him, would not have known, as nothing heard from hospital, he checked her out, found nothing to worry about, and went through her remaining meds with her to make sure we understood when she could restart her prescription ones, as she finished her courses of her hospital prescribed ones.

normal waiting time for an appointment can be up to 4 weeks, with a specific doctor, or phone up each morning to see if any cancellations.

SWMBO now more relaxed, as nothing much explained to her other than 'you can go home now'.

thank goodness for helpful receptionists.  :claphappy:

dannyboy

That is really good to hear! And a helpful receptionist as well.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Quote from: dannyboy on October 01, 2018, 01:31:08 PM

Wot he said. ↑
Have to say, though, I've never heard of a helpful doctor's receptionist ??? :hmmm:

guest311

Quote from: Newportnobby on October 01, 2018, 02:19:04 PM
Quote from: dannyboy on October 01, 2018, 01:31:08 PM

Wot he said. ↑
Have to say, though, I've never heard of a helpful doctor's receptionist ??? :hmmm:

a very rare breed, but can occasionally be found  :D

Calnefoxile

After being in Scouting for nigh on 15 years, and being an Akela of a Cub Pack for the last 5 years, I've now been gazetted as Assistant District Commissioner Cubs for Mid-Wiltshire District  :D :D :D

Although this means less 'hands on' Scouting with the Young people. It does mean more paperwork and more responsibility towards Leaders in my district, oh and more involvement in the 'politics' that goes on within these sorts of organisations, I'm quite looking forward to it.

Spent the last 2 Sundays at Leader Workshops for Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and Explorers, so Mrs.C is going to see probably even less of me than she does now, although not sure if that's a good thing or not   ;) ;) ;)

YIS

Neal.

Pjlons83

Track laying on Gold Hill will have to wait. At 2.15 this morning a new baby girl arrived! I've been awake for 30 hours so today I will mostly be sleeping!!!

:beers:
Gold Hill - my rule 1, "just for fun" micro layout;

Clouds Hill - My first layout currently on hold;

Newportnobby

Quote from: Pjlons83 on October 11, 2018, 09:59:48 AM
Track laying on Gold Hill will have to wait. At 2.15 this morning a new baby girl arrived! I've been awake for 30 hours so today I will mostly be sleeping!!!

:beers:

Huge congratulations, and I hope all concerned are well :beers: :beers:

daveg

Chris in Prague

Skyline2uk

4thed?  :confused1:

Wish everybody well!

Skyline2uk

guest311

Quote from: Lindi on October 11, 2018, 11:52:34 AM
Congratulations. Hoping all is well with Mother and baby girl

repeated

Tank

talisman56

Quote from: Calnefoxile on October 01, 2018, 03:02:05 PM

...I've now been gazetted...

Sounds quite painful. Hope you have a quick recovery... :D
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Skyline2uk

Ref my recent postings on the "unhappy thread" and the missing parts for forthcoming mini-Skyline cot;

Parts arrived within a week and took less than 10 minutes to fit. The draw is now working perfectly.

These parts (small bracket things to stop the draw being pulled out completely) turned out to be a vivid shade of orange, so I am puzzled as to how they were missed from the packaging in the factory.

Anyway, a happy ending.

Skyline2uk

guest311

glad to hear all is now well.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations