Class 41 Warship resin bodies on eBay (+ other oddball prototypes)

Started by NeMo, August 22, 2014, 06:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EtchedPixels

I have one of the original 85's - its a nicely done base but a bugger to find a suitable chassis for and you'll need to build up a lot of the roof detail by hand. I also have some class 82 conversion sides for it that were never released.

The warship is almost certainly a clone of the earlier Worsley Works shell, and I imagine the new sellers will be getting ebay nastygrams and takedown notices as soon as Allen Doherty finds out (the only reason he never sued Carl is that Carl was otherwise detained for the public good anyway)

That also btw means the resin 41 is wrong, one of the body sides is inverted, something that's immediately painfully obvious when you try and fit the nameplates correctly.

The 25/1 if its the one H/N one I have a set of detailing etches for that were never released. It's not a bad model but watch which loco you pick, there are major differences between 25/1s (hinged grilles, extra bodyside vent). Think I'd wait for the new Farish one personally!

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

red_death

I suspect the 85 was a cast of a built up Judith Edge etch for an 85 as well.

Cheers, Mike

mark100

Its actually Andy (Not Eric) and my father in law Gareth who retires next month from his main job and will go into the modelling scene part/full time late Sept or early October. He has 45 years modelling experience and has done a lot of prop making for TV in the early 70's, Not actually a N Gauge modellr himself, but that's me and my Son who have a layout and certain products have been test run over it during the past few months debating a release and we have helped him learn the difference's between Poole and China chassis units, however I think Gareth wants to do historic aircraft in smaller scales by means of 3D printing, but will do N Gauge items to fill gaps and sell them via A.E.M Andrew Evans Models.
We are all Stone masons, however Gareth went into a more professional job, but still keeps the books for the masonry until next month. We have access to CAD and CNC in the work shops and 3D printers are on the way for various stone and metal compound, but until our 3D draftsman returns from his summer holidays, no ones knows how they work or what they can actually do and Gareth is hoping he can 3D Print blocks for plastic injection molding believing that plastic glue together kits is a way forward and better than resin products.

We have a DP2 KESTREL, FALCON, LION and some baby deltic's that Gareth has been practicing with and they are not that bad, There is Class 85 is being fitted with a Dapol class 86 chassis but the coupling housing is clashing with the bottom of the buffer beam.
You cant get better than a Betta Fish

Newportnobby

Quote from: mark100 on August 30, 2014, 02:26:45 PM

We have a DP2 KESTREL, FALCON, LION and some baby deltic's

Thanks for clarifying that. Any chance of some pics of the first 4 please?
As far as the Baby Deltic goes I think you'll be up against DJ Models RTR version which is in the pipeline :hmmm:

DJM Dave

Quote from: EtchedPixels on August 26, 2014, 03:49:26 PM
I have one of the original 85's - its a nicely done base but a bugger to find a suitable chassis for and you'll need to build up a lot of the roof detail by hand. I also have some class 82 conversion sides for it that were never released.

The warship is almost certainly a clone of the earlier Worsley Works shell, and I imagine the new sellers will be getting ebay nastygrams and takedown notices as soon as Allen Doherty finds out (the only reason he never sued Carl is that Carl was otherwise detained for the public good anyway)

That also btw means the resin 41 is wrong, one of the body sides is inverted, something that's immediately painfully obvious when you try and fit the nameplates correctly.

The 25/1 if its the one H/N one I have a set of detailing etches for that were never released. It's not a bad model but watch which loco you pick, there are major differences between 25/1s (hinged grilles, extra bodyside vent). Think I'd wait for the new Farish one personally!

Alan

I understand there is Farish interest in Carl's "use" of at least 1 model, and I know that Carl had 1 of my masters he never paid for as well.

N gauge Model Railway locomotive and rolling stock manufacturer.

mark100

At the end of the day, he has nothing to do with me or my family or even Andrew, so why drag up old news on something we don't know about? Find something else to spread muck about

mark100

Quote from: newportnobby on August 30, 2014, 03:03:28 PM
Quote from: mark100 on August 30, 2014, 02:26:45 PM

We have a DP2 KESTREL, FALCON, LION and some baby deltic's

Thanks for clarifying that. Any chance of some pics of the first 4 please?
As far as the Baby Deltic goes I think you'll be up against DJ Models RTR version which is in the pipeline :hmmm:
How the heck do I send you photos on here? Can i clarify one thing Andrew obtained the masters from the former owner for money that was lent to him years ago and never paid back and that he has known my father in law for years via the aviation interest and basically Gareth is just building and painting RTR locos from that range for Andrew to sell because he has no knowledge on how to do them himself, yet alone know how to design/build/produce masters, there was a box of bits and scrap in Andrews garage from the trade stand and it was never collected and given to us to have a look through and what is left Andrew is selling via eBay just to clear out stuff he does not want laying around.
My son and myself are just 2 N Gauge modeller's of 5 years who where asked/advised to join here by other N Gauge modeller's and we have now't physically to do with A.E.M or G Gibson Models apart from let them use our layout as a test track to try things out before sending them off

Mark

Newportnobby

Quote from: mark100 on August 30, 2014, 03:35:50 PM
At the end of the day, he has nothing to do with me or my family or even Andrew, so why drag up old news on something we don't know about? Find something else to spread muck about

I can understand you being a bit 'touchy' about the history but think you went OTT there :hmmm:
It's great to hear you have no association with that guy but you must also realise there are a lot of folks who ran afoul of him (no, I'm not one) so let's be nice to each other, eh?
:thankyousign:

mark100

Quote from: newportnobby on August 30, 2014, 03:57:34 PM
Quote from: mark100 on August 30, 2014, 03:35:50 PM

I can understand you being a bit 'touchy' about the history but think you went OTT there :hmmm:
It's great to hear you have no association with that guy but you must also realise there are a lot of folks who ran afoul of him (no, I'm not one) so let's be nice to each other, eh?
:thankyousign:

I agree and apologize slightly/maybe, but its a shame and annoying when certain individuals with nothing better to do are spreading gossip via the underground stating that Andrew and Gareth are working with him or that he is involved with what they are trying to do, considering its 2 decent OLD  :sorrysign: blokes just trying to get something started and working between them and lots of money spent on getting masters repaired, mould's sorted and then looking at getting new items in the pipeline out as a actual product and there are new models that I have been shown or seen parts for. Gareth works all day, comes home and then spends another hour or so helping Andrews business out, because Andrew is sat in a driving seat 12 hours a day and limited on what he can do, even the Grand Children where put on a production line the other weekend packing class 41 kits to post out because it was manic.

Mark

mark100

Quote from: newportnobby on August 30, 2014, 04:00:38 PM
For posting pics, have a look at this tutorial. If I worked it out I'm sure you can as I'm none too good with pooters :-[

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=4300.msg48938#msg48938
Thank you, I have been through their cloud and got what i could, but there are some photos of a class 85 on a dapol chassis which i will get sent to me later.

Bob Tidbury

Just a note to say BHE released the baby deltic last year at TINGS this sold out very quickly it was the Silver Fox version and I think they have other models in the Silver Fox range under development as well as other exiting things I dont think the class 41 is one of them,unfortunatly the molding  machine broke recently and it is very old so some of the BHE range is on hold untill it can be repaired .
Bob

garethGG

Hi everyone I am the newbie on here, I am Gareth and I have painted several kits for A.E.M, I have also seen the masters for the current kits and the original paperwork stating the ownership of the actual masters to the former owner from previous owners before he gave them to to MR A Evans to settle an old debt in 2013.

Copyright
Until September 12th which is not that far away when I then retire, I am a Solicitor in Criminal/Civil and Human Rights law and I have a little experience with copyright law. So i will square some things up.

Quote from: EtchedPixels on August 26, 2014, 03:49:26 PM

Class 85 actually fits the Dapol class 86 chassis, various Minitrix DB locomotive chassis units, I am waiting to hear back on which ones exactly and the Life Like FP40 Chassis unit. The previous owner only sold 2 as RTR because he actually had no confidence with the kit being made available as a unbuilt product, however Andrew has told me that the 2 sold where on Farish Poole/China Class 87 chassis units and a lot of metal had been removed and drive shafts where shortend.

Class 82 etches are in the box that Andrew inherited/was given along with a class 81 and they are due for building up and release.

Class 41 Copyright belongs to North British who designed and patented the actual Locomotive design not Worsley Works or A.E.M, There is nothing to stop anyone going out and buying one of Worsley Works or Andrews kits or anyone else's and making duplicates from it, the only flaw is, they will be slightly smaller than the original and the detail would not be so be good.

Wrong Again = I have actually looked into this, Andrew informs me that the master was incorrect when it first came out many years ago, new body side grill etches where produced for it and the the sides where corrected and the old mould was destroyed and a new one produced. there are photographs of it on eBay and Mark has kindly added photographs of the kit onto this site/forum.

Each to their own

Alan

Just a note to say BHE released the baby deltic last year at TINGS this sold out very quickly it was the Silver Fox version and I think they have other models in the Silver Fox range under development as well as other exiting things I dont think the class 41 is one of them,unfortunatly the molding  machine broke recently and it is very old so some of the BHE range is on hold untill it can be repaired .
Bob

Andrew actually has the paperwork from the Silverfox company (and N.T.R for other products) informing CMA that Carl at that time was the new owner of those masters, basically what was the former Silverfox products now belong to Andrew Evans not any other Evans. However as I said earlier there is nothing under copyright law to prevent anyone making duplicates from any product unless the former owner/designer or company who actually patented it makes an issue.

I have sent several OO Gauge model products to a contact in China and have had them reproduced into N via Lithographic 3D Printing, with the intention of releasing them under A.E.M or G G M, however with stories flying around like the current ones, I think I will just give them to Mark, Andrew and Paul and stick to aircraft.

Gareth

Hope this Clarifies things and puts a few tell Fairy tale stories to bed.

DJM Dave

Hi Gareth,

Just a bit strong mate, and you must understand people's views given the awful treatment of them by a previous owner. One guy I know on here is still owed over £600 for work paid for and not delivered.

Its a shame really that these creditors didn't do something about it a couple of years back when stories of smashing into chip shop windows in Derby were put around by those who knew no better.

In sure you have providence for the models, however, you can see why, given the known history, the pub things that went on and were reported on in the Scottish press etc, and then this range, which a lot of people are a little angry about ( through no fault of yourself I may add) gets looked on with some derision and negative comment.

I for one thought, "oh oh, here we go again" when I saw the class 41 listing ( not reading closely you understand), as these models have a bad history as being previously attached to a person who perpetrated those crimes.

I wish you well, in this venture, because if it run well, you should all do well out of it.

Cheers
Dave

N gauge Model Railway locomotive and rolling stock manufacturer.

garethGG

Quote from: DJM Dave on August 30, 2014, 08:15:44 PM
Hi Gareth,

Just a bit strong mate, and you must understand people's views given the awful treatment of them by a previous owner. One guy I know on here is still owed over £600 for work paid for and not delivered.

Its a shame really that these creditors didn't do something about it a couple of years back when stories of smashing into chip shop windows in Derby were put around by those who knew no better.

In sure you have providence for the models, however, you can see why, given the known history, the pub things that went on and were reported on in the Scottish press etc, and then this range, which a lot of people are a little angry about ( through no fault of yourself I may add) gets looked on with some derision and negative comment.

I for one thought, "oh oh, here we go again" when I saw the class 41 listing ( not reading closely you understand), as these models have a bad history as being previously attached to a person who perpetrated those crimes.

I wish you well, in this venture, because if it run well, you should all do well out of it.

Cheers
Dave

Hi Dave
I do see where you are coming from and I believe individuals where owed money for items not received and what he is planning to do about it is up to him and them to sort out, but he has nothing to do with myself or Andrew Evans. Owing to my current position there are things I can say and things I cannot, but Andrew has received these kits in good faith and its not fair for people to pick faults with them, when in fact they are all OK and for these rumors to reflect on what Andrew is trying to do. He was prepared for the odd question but not have individuals saying body sides are the wrong way round, or they need loads of filling when in fact they don't. Apparently they where OK when the former seller was retailing them, we have read all the postings about them prior to them being released under A.E.M.

Gareth

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations