Looking for the Model list for Graham Farish locos.

Started by longbridge, October 20, 2012, 10:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbridge

Hi there, some time back I found a model number and year of manufacture list for Farish locomotives and other rolling stock.

I have done a search for it in Google but cant seem to find the link, can anyone please point me in the right direction.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Tank

Here is a good one that's updated every now and again......  http://www.ngauge.org.uk/

It doesn't have any kettles on it though.

davieb

hi ORB  :wave:

just about to post that link  :doh:

Newportnobby also put a link under "F" in the knowlage bank but it has no dates

hope this helps

dave  :thumbsup:

longbridge

Thanks Chris and Dave, that website is perfect for what I want, I am not interested in kettles and pleased it covers other makes  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

kiwi1941

Quote from: oldrailbug on October 20, 2012, 10:44:34 PM
Hi there, some time back I found a model number and year of manufacture list for Farish locomotives and other rolling stock.
Here's some useful links:

For pre-2001 Graham Farish Poole stock: http://www.geocities.ws/dvdlcs/GrahamFarish.html

For Graham Farish after Bachman takeover: http://www.bachmann.co.uk/past_and_present.php

From British 'N' Gauge Resource site: http://www.ngauge.org.uk/index.htm

HTH Brian

Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." Wendell Phillips.

Eternal paranoia is the price of liberty: vigilance is not enough. Len Deighton.

oscar

Tank

Perhaps we should have a list on here... ???  Any volunteers to make the lists?! ;)

siriushardware

Bumping this post after surfing onto it while looking for info about the approximate ages of, and other information about, Graham Farish Standard 4MT Tank locos with running numbers 80048 and 80064, both early BR emblem.

no. 80064 in particular is quite common / numerous on auction sites, but curiously does not feature either in the 'Farish by Bachmann' list on Bachmann's own site (I expected that, as I am sure it is a Poole-built model), or in the pre-Bachmann list under the second link in the fifth post in this thread.

The third link in the fifth post is unfortunately now broken.

How many versions of Standard 4MT tanks / early crest numbered 80048 and 80064 have been produced by Farish (Poole) and Farish (Bachmann)?

Does anyone know approximately which periods / years (from and to) these models were produced, and which type of motors (3 pole? 5 Pole?) were they fitted with?

Roy L S

I have an 80064.

The model was originally introduced mid 90's if I recall correctly. Mine was a Christmas present from (I think) 1997.

80064 was definitely a Poole model and as far as I am aware that specific running number was never made by Bachmann.

Always a five pole motor. One of Farish's better locos. Mine is kept out of sentimental value.

I don't know how many livery variants Bachmann did, I'm thinking three or four including one weathered. I had one, long sold on.

I'm not sure numbers produced by Poole was ever publicised for any model, some say it could usually be measured in hundreds not thousands. Bachmann say they do 1008 of every mainstream model.

Of course the new Bachmann one when it arrives will be in a completely different league...

Regards

Roy

dodger

I bought mine in about 1992 and its still going strong along with 80079 of similar vintage. I think it may have been in the late 80's. One of them had the 5 pole armature with copper commutator although both blocks will take the later silver  commutator armature.

Dodger

siriushardware

Dodger, you don't actually say which of the two yours is but since you followed on from Roy LS's post about his 80064, I assume you mean the same model. From what the two of you have said about that model it's looking as though it had one fairly long run or shorter repeated runs from the mid-late 80s and well into the 90s... if so that would explain their continuing availability on the second hand market.

As regards 80048, that one is actually in Farish (Bachmann's) online list as their catalogue number 372-530 but the list does not state from / to dates and I do wonder whether there was an earlier Poole built 80048.

railsquid

siriushardware

Wow, Railsquid, that's an absolutely fantastic resource. I've just spent some time sifting through all the ones likely to feature the locos I have mentioned.

There are some gaps in the coverage, or perhaps Graham Farish didn't publish a new catalogue or supplement every year in those days, but no. 80064 first appears in 1991 in those catalogues, is still there in the 1997 catalogue but has gone after 1999. 80079 (Late crest) appears at about the same time and has an even longer run.

I looked through all of the catalogues as far as they go on that site, up to 2005 (by which time we are into the 'Farish By Bachmann' period) and I could not find no. 80048 anywhere. My own collection  of Farish catalogues then takes over in 2007, jumps to 2009 and then is continuous from there until the present (2016 as I write this). 80048 is not present in any of those either.

As an aside, I thought it was wonderful the way Farish trains sets of the 80s / 90s included not only a loco + vehicles, but included a whole set of buildings to add to the play / creativity / imaginative value - not like the uninspiring train + minimal track + that's it - sets of today.

siriushardware

It turns out that 372-530 (Farish Standard 4MT Tank 80048, early crest, weathered) is a surprisingly difficult model to date.

The only dating evidence for it that I can find anywhere is this archived page which suggests that it was about to arrive late in 2007.

http://uk.rec.models.rail.narkive.com/0wrBQqq2/graham-farish-updated-2007-delivery-schedule

If current trends are anything to go by that may mean that it was first announced / featured in a catalogue or supplement up to  3-4 years earlier.

DesertHound

Hi guys

Some great links in there for everybody.

I was inspired by CaderRail's British N Gauge Resource and am working on a picture gallery of all Graham Farish Diesel releases. Some of it is already up and it should be complete by mid-year.

If you go to thefarishshed.com and look under "Production Gallery" you will see the releases listed so far.

I would like to do something for steam, except I don't have that much subject material to photograph!

Dan
Visit www.thefarishshed.com for all things Poole Farish and have the confidence to look under the bonnet of your locos!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations