Graham Farish 2019

Started by guest2, January 14, 2019, 12:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red_death

I actually think that it is a sensible set of announcements from Farish.  Re-liveries of existing tooling is a good thing.

As Nick says the HKA already exists as the HHA - I wonder if they will actually re-tool it (as there are a few pretty minor differences IIRC).

Sound equipping more locos is a sensible move and from the customer point of view very welcome as Farish sound equipped locos are very well priced. Fitting speakers doesn't really cost much at all so any price rises due to that are minimal.  Farish have also taken note of complaints about some loco variants only being available sound fitted and all sound locos now appear to be available with or without sound.

Cheers, Mike

silly moo

I won’t be in the market for most of the new announcements, especially a sound fitted loco, due to a limited budget and no DCC but I do think that sound fitted locos are a good idea. Sound brings an extra dimension and having seen the fascination of exhibition goers when confronted with sound in an N Gauge loco I think they are an excellent idea. I was very impressed by the Castle and class 40. I think I’ll be getting some wagons especially the Parrots.

:NGaugersRule:

gc4946

Std 5 73050 ran on the Somerset & Dorset and is preserved on the Nene Valley Railway

374-995 BR 'Highlander' Coach Pack Mk2 TSO & Class 101 DTCL BR Highland Rail Green & Cream is an add-on pack for the recently released class 37/4 + MK2s train set
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

red_death

Looking at the HKA picture in PDF that Tank provided it looks like they have amended the HHA tooling or done new tooling for the HKAs - the spotting differences are brake actuator lever on body side and different end panels. I'm impressed and wondering how many one needs...

Cheers Mike

R Marshall

Does anyone know what this means for the Thompson carriages, previously predicted for August, please?

jpendle

I am actually fairly pleased with this years bunch. A small number of new models, hopefully means that all the others that have still to arrive will get here sooner rather than later, Northern CL319 springs to mind.

I shall personally commit to buying all of the Northern liveried 150 DMU's  :D

Also the GBRF CL60 is a must, and maybe the DBC CL60.

I'm also pleased that the Voyager is getting a re-run, I have two Dapol Voyagers and they both need serious attention as both are non-runners.

The only things missing for me are more bogie Cement wagons, I don't yet have a full rake.

I do hope that they use a Zimo sound chip in their sound fitted locos in the same way that they have rebranded the Zimo 6 pin decoder.

Regards,

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

Calnefoxile

Surprised there's no upgrade for the Peaks, given the success of the Class 40 chassis??

Other than that, meh!! the Wallet can stay fairly closed this year, more to spend with Ben & Mike  ;) ;)

Cheers

Neal.

P.S. Might, I say 'might' have a look at the Provincial 150.

njee20

Quote from: red_death on January 14, 2019, 02:13:34 PM
Looking at the HKA picture in PDF that Tank provided it looks like they have amended the HHA tooling or done new tooling for the HKAs - the spotting differences are brake actuator lever on body side and different end panels. I'm impressed and wondering how many one needs...

Different handbrake wheel too...? I'm stretching my knowledge of HHA/JMA/HKAs now! I see the OO gauge shot is for a pristine one, which is intriguing, but makes me hopeful they're outsourcing the weathering, rather than simply giving it the in-house waft of brown!

I would also have liked to have seen the original JMAs done, becuase then an ARC/Hanson JHA would have been more likely with LTF bogies!

Quote from: jpendle on January 14, 2019, 02:29:11 PM
The only things missing for me are more bogie Cement wagons, I don't yet have a full rake.

JPAs? A re-run was announced last year, although I've a vague recollection it may only be weathered Lafarge ones. They remain on the 'forthcoming products' list.

Newportnobby

Don't like/won't do sound and have all of their locos I need so a cheap year for me with Farish. Just as well really as I have loads to be going on with RevolutioN wise :D

emjaybee

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 14, 2019, 02:35:53 PM
Don't like/won't do sound and have all of their locos I need so a cheap year for me with Farish. Just as well really as I have loads to be going on with RevolutioN wise :D

That makes me feel better. I don't like the sound either. It just sounds odd to me.

I will be looking out for the Parrot wagons though.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

thebrighton

Quote from: R Marshall on January 14, 2019, 02:17:49 PM
Does anyone know what this means for the Thompson carriages, previously predicted for August, please?
This list is purely new announcements not stuff in the pipeline. The planned release schedule issued by Bachmann on 14/12 quoted August.

Ben A

Hi all,

Got to say I think this is a really sensible, well balanced list.  A little bit for everyone, and delighted to see them squeezing sound into a Class 14!  Sound in the 60s and 150 will see me upgrading too.

HKA hoppers are going to be really good too, and recent Farish weathering on some of their steam locos has been pretty impressive so I have high hopes.

Great stuff.

Cheers

Ben A.

scottishlocos

All

This is a good list plenty Scotrail coaches on offer

Kind Regards

Dave

Skyline2uk

Cheers Mike

Mike, do you think these wagons make the possibility of Farish doing the original National Power JMAs (with correct bogies) more likely if, say, a certain manufacture beginning with D was ever to do a 59/2?

Regards

Skyline2uk

jpendle

Quote from: Skyline2uk on January 14, 2019, 03:47:43 PM

Cheers Mike

Mike, do you think these wagons make the possibility of Farish doing the original National Power JMAs (with correct bogies) more likely if, say, a certain manufacture beginning with D was ever to do a 59/2?

Regards

Skyline2uk

Given that a certain manufacturer are about to release a TPE liveried CL68 and Farish haven't announced any CAF MK5's then I wouldn't hold your breath  :D

Regards,

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations