The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve836

Quote from: class37025 on August 04, 2020, 01:33:06 PM
got a phone call this morning with a recorded message advising me that my Amazon Prime account would be closed if I

click - brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

as I don't have an Amazon Prime account, and never have had one, I assumed at that point it was a scam and put the phone down.

so be aware.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm in the same position as you so this one wouldn't work on me but good to be made aware.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

javlinfaw7

Quote from: class37025 on August 04, 2020, 01:33:06 PM
got a phone call this morning with a recorded message advising me that my Amazon Prime account would be closed if I

click - brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

as I don't have an Amazon Prime account, and never have had one, I assumed at that point it was a scam and put the phone down.

so be aware.
I get this one at least twice weekly. I have blocked their number twice but they just use an other ,It is a scam trying toget you to contact a premium line

The Q

Another scam going at the moment is
"please contact this email address to confirm your details,  or your TV licence account will be suspended "

Malc

I had one proportedly coming from Amazon. Passed it onto their scam email address.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

javlinfaw7

Todays scam ,a payment of £300 has been taken from your Visa account if this was not you press 1 if you wish to talk to  an adviser  press 2. No name mentioned and delivered in a electronic voice.

Malc

In the past, I've had emails from just about every bank and financial institution in the U.S. I don't have an account with any of them. I do however, have a Hotmail.com email account and not a .co.uk one.

guest311

just waded through the Royal Mail claims system, filling in their online claim form, to receive this

claim not eligable - I'm sorry we're unable to accept your claim. For Royal Mail signed for 2nd class items you must allow 10 working days from the due delivery date before we can treat the item as being lost

the item was posted 23rd July  :veryangry:

what a shower of  :censored:

so I've sold items to a fellow forum member, have posted them, he's paid me, and RM has lost the parcel but have sod all interest, waiting time on the phone 'help' line are over 50 minutes, and I am not able to supply replacements for some of the items sent as I only had one.

:headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt:

Malc

It's only 10 days since posting and not delivery. I suspect you will need to wait another 4 days to try again.

dannyboy

As I understand it, 2nd class should take 2 - 3 working days. So if you allow 3 days, plus 10 working days, plus 2 weekends, that takes you to August 9th - try again then Alan. Good luck with it.

Addit: Malc just beat me to it, but the RM site does say 10 working days from the due delivery date. Apparently Saturday is a working day.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

steve836

These scam advises are useful, perhaps a kind official would set up a permanent thread for them.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Skyline2uk

Just another to add to the list:

Had a call from R2D2 yesterday claiming to be from HMRC.

Hung up immediately.

Skyline2uk

guest311

Quote from: Malc on August 06, 2020, 02:37:24 PM
It's only 10 days since posting and not delivery. I suspect you will need to wait another 4 days to try again.

doesn't explain though how I was told last Friday by RM so called customer services [ see poost 1882 in Unhappy Thread]

'so when can I claim compensation for the 'missing' parcel and send a replacement one for you to lose'
'you can claim on line after 6 pm tonight'

mind you she told me , after putting me on hold while she 'checked' that I could only claim £20 maximum compensation, whereas the correct amount for 2nd signed for is £50.

you wait for ages on an 08457 number [how much does that cost?] and then get given duff info. >:(

javlinfaw7

Just had an asian lady with a London  phone number  phone me up looking to give me advice on how to turn round my finances ,I wonder in which way as I did not stay on long enough to find out

guest311

has anyone noticed that when you try to ring the numbers back, BT tells you the number is not recognised  :hmmm:

javlinfaw7

I  tend to check them on who-called.co.uk to see if anyone else has been bothered by them

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations