what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Looks like a very good job you've made of that :thumbsup:
Are they the Farish weathered Presflos it's hauling?

port perran

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

ngauger

Terific job NeMo!  I've just taken delivery of 10 or so model mates weathering dyes, so can't wait to get cracking.

Keep up the good work, it'd be nice to see more of your layout.

Andy
LNWR & Midland Railway Company

davieb

Great weathering Nemo  :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing more

dave  :thumbsup:

scottmitchell74

Nemo - it looks fantastic!

Finally got some light in the city and some of my trailers. I started this layout years ago as a total novice and didn't plan properly so I've been updating things when/where I can. It's not fantastic, but it's a start...and here's my Zombie Shelter (with my least favorite trees that will be replaced someday)

Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

NeMo

Quote from: newportnobby on February 09, 2014, 09:33:28 PM
Looks like a very good job you've made of that :thumbsup:
Are they the Farish weathered Presflos it's hauling?
Farish PresFlo wagons yes, but weathered by me! Got eight of them, so weathered them all in one fell swoop. I quite like the pre-weathered ones, but (to my eye at least) these wagons are pretty easy to do. Off-white spray all over the place seems to be exactly like the real things. Add a bit if underframe brake dust tan or brown and you're done and done.
Quote from: ngauger on February 09, 2014, 10:37:42 PM
Terific job NeMo!  I've just taken delivery of 10 or so model mates weathering dyes, so can't wait to get cracking.
Have fun! I really enjoy weathering. It's something you can do quickly (like a wagon) and by the end have something unique that hopefully evokes some real railway atmosphere.

In any case, couple more pictures below.

[smg id=10152]
[smg id=10153]
[smg id=10154]
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

tutenkhamunsleeping

Chetcombe

Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

1936ace

Hey nemo,
What a top job on the weathering, the 22 is fantastic. I'm not game yet to try something that good, I'll stitch to destroying wagons at the moment. I really liked the presflows, I have two sets of the farish factory weathered ones which I think look nice
Bart

ParkeNd

Painting the parts for a Ratio signal box. Had to paint the entire roof a solid grey and start again because the the horrible buff plastic kept showing through the dry brushing. I'll know about that one for the future. Finished just before the power cut.

NeMo

Quote from: Only Me on February 12, 2014, 05:54:17 PM
Heres my attempt at one of my clean class 22's
Raising the ante a bit now! The front end looks especially greasy; nice!

How did you get the route indicator blind on the left set half way? It looks really good like that.

I think we need a new competition... filthiest diesel hydraulic! That would surely be extremely authentic? From all the photos I've looked at, it looks like Laira, Cardiff and the others were doing their best to turn out the grubbiest looking machines!  :D

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

scottmitchell74

Added a few dozen more people to my ballpark benches.
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

CarriageShed

Most of us would be happy with one or two park benches and a couple of figures sitting on them... but they do things bigger in Texas. :D

scotsoft

Quote from: scottmitchell74 on February 13, 2014, 02:52:18 AM

Added a few dozen more people to my ballpark benches.

It could get very expensive filling all those seats  :o

cheers John.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations