what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveg

ngauger

LNWR & Midland Railway Company

scotsoft

Quote from: ngauger on February 03, 2014, 08:54:10 PM
Finishing off my latest addition...a Scalescenes garage.  I add lights as I go now, but guess who cut the wire too short, twice!!

Doh!!

Before you place it in its spot you could always fit a welding simulator  :thumbsup:

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=4273.msg48574#msg48574

cheers John.

ngauger

Quote from: scotsoft on February 03, 2014, 09:37:51 PM
Quote from: ngauger on February 03, 2014, 08:54:10 PM
Finishing off my latest addition...a Scalescenes garage.  I add lights as I go now, but guess who cut the wire too short, twice!!

Doh!!

Before you place it in its spot you could always fit a welding simulator  :thumbsup:

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=4273.msg48574#msg48574

cheers John.

Now you tell me!

:'(
LNWR & Midland Railway Company

texhorse

I've just repaired the trucks on two of my SD70Aces, and the locos now run like new!

Andy
Montrose and Highland Railroad
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

Caz

Putting floors and walls into Lyddle End buildings after first opening up the undersides and painting the insides black to stop light seepage prior to fitting lights etc.  Now soldering up another 50 micro 0604 LED's with wires so the folks of Bampney in their houses can see to read and eat their breakfasts.   :)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

port perran

Busy building a control panel ( of sorts) to house my controllers and toggle switches to operate electric points and street/house lighting. Hopefully on Sunday the panel will be finished and I can start to fit point motors to what are currently manually operated points. I can then start to rebuild my main station.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

tutenkhamunsleeping

[smg id=10098]

Just started building this apartment block from an Aoshima kit.  More 'beyond the box top' pics hopefully over the weekend.

This one was bought from daviesbobuk1 on eBay, but is also available direct from Japan via suppliers such as plazajapan.

petercharlesfagg

Friends,

The thread is what am I doing right now on my layout?

Well, I have had to make the decision to reduce the maximum height of my elevated track from 4 inches to 2 inches!

Why, because I cannot marry up a connection between the 2 inclines up/down because the ends are too close together!

Therefore it will mean dismantling 80% of the work that I have been trying so hard to achieve!   :'(

Regards, Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

REGP

That sounds a bit drastic Peter, cant you build in some sort of loop or detour so they connect?

Ray

silverfox

I feel your pain Peter :(

I've just had to rip up and re-jig the turntable and all its mechanism on 'Hammerschlag', my micro railway gun layout...........actually layout's stretching it a bit.....animated diorama probably sits better!

I've now got an evening of soldering to look forward to sorting the searchlight and layout lighting

[smg id=10092]
[smg id=10091]

A load of Kato Unitrack arrived today via Ebay so struggling to stay focused on finishing this as my mind is starting to drift onto the next project.....
........same old, same old! ;)

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: REGP on February 07, 2014, 07:25:31 PM
That sounds a bit drastic Peter, cant you build in some sort of loop or detour so they connect?

Ray

Unfortunately not, I have filled quite a lot of space with my double return loop and some extra points to merely HAVE some sidings!

I will start ripping tomorrow!

Anyone want a bridge, painted Matt Black but as yet no trains have run!

It cannot be modified to the lower height!

Regards, Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

ParkeNd

Quote from: petercharlesfagg on February 07, 2014, 07:34:24 PM
Quote from: REGP on February 07, 2014, 07:25:31 PM

Ray

Unfortunately not, I have filled quite a lot of space with my double return loop and some extra points to merely HAVE some sidings!

I will start ripping tomorrow!

Anyone want a bridge, painted Matt Black but as yet no trains have run!

It cannot be modified to the lower height!

Regards, Peter.

To start ripping up the Phoenix which is rising from the ashes sounds desperately extreme Peter. Perhaps leaving it alone for a couple of days and finding a way to simplify it is a better course of action.

silverfox

Is there no possibility of chopping the bottom of the girder sections away and mounting them on wider piers?

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations