what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

How about suggesting SWMBO gets all her friends round because as we all know "many hands make light work" :laugh:

Luke Piewalker

I finally managed to get all of my signals, and my 'signal box' working.

daveg

Took delivery of my new Class A1, 60156 'Great Central' (GF 372-801) and grabbed 30 minutes to check all was well. Had to clean the track first.

Very pleased - super-quiet with excellent slow running.

Now packed away until whenever time lets me back to do some playing trains proper modelling .

Also got 'permission' to bulk buy 30 yards of flexi for my project layout, slated for 2014/15!

Dave G

Sprintex

scotsoft

Quote from: daveg on August 25, 2013, 05:45:45 PM
Took delivery of my new Class A1, 60156 'Great Central' (GF 372-801) and grabbed 30 minutes to check all was well.

Dave G

Sounds good and at an excellent price as well  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

scotsoft

Quote from: Sprintex on August 25, 2013, 06:02:52 PM
Made an office chair today :)
Paul

To keep elf and safety happy Paul, should your chair not have five legs  ;)

cheers John.

Sprintex

Nope, this was before the days of compulsory five-legged seating :D

Paul

Pengi

I have run some trains  :o I've been so bogged down with lighting buildings, soldering SMDs, learning how to air-brush buildings, etc that I lost sight of the purpose of it all.

Really enjoyed seeing Eurostar and Thalys racing round the track and then Voyager and Desiro  :)

Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

mereman

Waiting for the glue to dry before finishing the baseboard.
I keep forgetting to add Cheers Mike on the end of my posts....

So.....  Cheers Mike

Sprintex

Quote from: Pengi on August 25, 2013, 07:52:49 PM
Really enjoyed seeing Eurostar and Thalys racing round the track and then Voyager and Desiro  :)

Where's the video then??  ;)

Would love to see the first two especially  8)

Paul

Pengi

Quote from: Sprintex on August 25, 2013, 08:17:44 PM
Quote from: Pengi on August 25, 2013, 07:52:49 PM

Where's the video then??  ;)

Would love to see the first two especially  8)

Paul
I didn't take a vid of it but here is a link to the first Wormfest video (which was taken some time ago - before I decided to light the layout)

The First Wormfest - Medium.m4v
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

texhorse

Oh good.  Another new soldering job to do today.  The shed is so warm as well....

:no:

Andy
Montrose and Highland Railroad
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

EtchedPixels

Swindon works mode for the bank holiday

So far finished off a GWR monster and a 419 MLV and done various bits of work on the TPO queue. Need to find a good way to make the mesh for the nets.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

4x2

Quote from: EtchedPixels on August 26, 2013, 02:30:36 PM

So far finished off a GWR monster and a 419 MLV and done various bits of work on the TPO queue. Need to find a good way to make the mesh for the nets.
Pinch the mesh from a BRUTE kit ?
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Trev

Quote from: 4x2 on August 26, 2013, 02:38:05 PM
Quote from: EtchedPixels on August 26, 2013, 02:30:36 PM

Pinch the mesh from a BRUTE kit ?

The fishing nets on a pole that kids use at the seaside and streams have a good size mesh
Whenever I write a letter to someone, I add a footnote briefly explaining Ohm's law. It's my P.S. de resistance.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations