what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost: :laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

Agreed, looking at sheets of blank paper thinking about my next mini project.
Have made the decision everything built from now on will be based on single boards A5 sized.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Jerry Howlett

Despite my silence on the forum, I have been sweltering under the sun building a canal using scalescenes products , that will be used to cover the fiddle yard.

Also made the stupid mistake of cutting out the lifting section that has been in place for the last 3 years....
Its 2 x double tracks but on 2 different levels.   Used the razor saw but failed to cut through properly......   Now have 6 out of 8 track joins that are on different levels all by about .0005 mm but enough to derail anything.   :veryangry:

Back to the wine I guess....
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Belated

Posted by: Oldman
« on: Today at 07:46:58 PM
QuoteHave made the decision everything built from now on will be based on single boards A5 sized

As an ex-draughtsman in a former life, A5 to me is half an A4 - so less than half a closed box file.  Gonna be a very small layout or an awful lot of boards.  Could there be a typo in there?

John
:confused2:  :hmmm:
John

Oldman

Sorry not a typo.
Will be Diorama  from now on.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Belated

Challenging!  Be very interested to see that progress.   :bounce:

John
:NGaugersRule:
John

NeMo

Doing two things at the moment. The first is weathering my Farish 50 (see below). I've started to take the plastic shine off, but need another pass on the underframes because they don't look right and some extra black grime around the exhausts. Would like to figure out how to do oil spillage: perhaps gloss varnish?

But the other thing is -- gasp -- looking at an 0-gauge kit! Do like the idea of a very simple shunting plank, building three wagons myself to get the hang of things, starting with the Parkside-Dundas BR 16 Ton Mineral Wagon, and if I'm up to them, a very simple kit; the DJH 03 "Starter" Kit sounds good.

Am I mad missing 00 out entirely? But feel I'll have N for when I want to run full length trains, and 0 for when I want to feel comfortable model-making with my clumsy fingers.

Cheers, NeMo

(Former NGS Journal Editor)

texhorse

Right now, I'm running in my two Dapol 66s on my American layout!!!!  (The British one hasn't got a long enough run).

Andy
Montrose and Highland Railroad
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

Newportnobby

Replaced a duff Peco point, and am accumulating all the necessary wood, Perspex and paint to build a control panel. So far I've spent less than a tenner on these materials and just have to find some pin striping tape so probably a visit to Halfords tomorrow :hmmm:

Oldman

Quote from: Only Me on August 09, 2013, 10:06:45 PM
Gluing my fingers together trying to sort out some motor bogey parts 😆

So long as they are the only bogeys you are trying to sort out. Could be messy otherwise when you visit A&E :sorrysign:   
Had to comment - probably would not have if you had typed bogies. >:D

Mr Sprue

Planning something that will look realistic!  ::)

zwilnik

Agrafarfan

Just been clearing my old table and laying down the cork to redo my layout a bit more properly but decided to have a rest and look on here, now I realise I need to drill more holes which I have to do tomorrow it will be too noisy otherwise.

I think I might go back and lay some cork or get something to eat.

:NGaugersRule:

johnlambert

Trying to create some hills/embankments with cardboard.

daveg

Quote from: johnlambert on August 10, 2013, 03:29:57 PM

Depending how far on you are with the task, have you considered trying the insulation foam you can buy in 3'x1' (ish sheets) for e.g. Wickes? Really easy stuff to work with.

As an example:

Dave G

johnlambert

Quote from: daveg on August 10, 2013, 03:42:29 PM
Quote from: johnlambert on August 10, 2013, 03:29:57 PM

Depending how far on you are with the task, have you considered trying the insulation foam you can buy in 3'x1' (ish sheets) for e.g. Wickes? Really easy stuff to work with.
Dave G

Thanks for the tip, that might be easier.  I've only just started but I'm trying to get an idea of how it is going to look.  I'll have to make a trip to my nearest store tomorrow and pick some up.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations