Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyline2uk

Quote from: gc4946 on November 24, 2019, 05:44:27 PM
I'm now waiting for my pack of PFA/KFAs through the post.
Which version of the Pendolino have you got? 9-car? 11-car?

11 Car "Poppylino", DC

Only version I could justify to SHMBO  :D

Skyline2uk

Intercity

I wasn't able to attend Warley or any other events of the last two weeks dispute being home for two weeks, I was able to collect some items that have been in storage for about 14 years at my dads house, plus picking up a couple of delivered items (maybe not latest purchases, but it's the first I've had my hands on many of them):

Locos from storage are all Poole Farish:

37055 in Mainline blue (special edition)
47455 in BR Blue
90022 in Railfreight connection
37035 in BR Blue
31552 in Civil Engineers Dutch (special edition)
87101 in BR Blue
D9021 in Green (deltic)
D4019 in Green (shunter CL08)
90019 in RES
20139 in BR Blue
08493 in BR Blue
90015 in Intercity
87001 in Executive/intercity
56059 in construction

Next a couple that were delivered there

Farish cl24 97201 in RTC
Dapol 86213 in Intercity
Dapol 86229 in Virgin

crewearpley40

Intercity

I will be, the layout is taking longer to actually get going than would be liked, I rode up and down the east and west coasts on rovers for years when we had real trains, then spent 10yrs commuting to London from Milton Keynes, Welham Green and Peterborough.

I have the track, baseboards, points all I'm missing is MoJo....

gc4946

Wow, that's some collection!

Many of those aren't easily available secondhand nowadays especially the 87s and 90s. The "Dutch" 31 as made in Poole is also fairly rare.

Just hope they run OK because Poole-built locos have a tendency to split plastic gears but wheelsets can be replaced from BR Lines and/or Bachmann.
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

JimSan

Rest of my Brighton Belle arrived earlier today, the two end units arrived nearly a week ago!
Bosnport - A Fictional P'Mouth and S'Sea based Layout upon a Bunk Bed
Gosport Railworks - My Youtube Channel
3D Printing Services

Primary Modelling eras/region: Era 3 '30s Southern, Era 4-5 BR(S) and Era 8 Network Southeast

dannyboy

That has to be one of the nicest colour schemes that adorned any rolling stock.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Upperton

I've got one of those Belle's on pre-order, but may to be diplomatic and postpone with it being this time of year. It does look rather lovely though  :hmmm:

I received a Dapol Gresley Buffet from the wife recently for my birthday. Modelling the Southern/Western region, anything LNER usually passes me by, but the Southern Region did draft in a few Gresley Buffets in the 1960s to cover a shortage of their own Buffet stock being converted for BEP/BIG use. Noticing this in an email from Rails I thought it would make an ideal little present. I don't think it's quite the right "diagram" that came down South but it's a smart model non the less and good enough for me to represent this little bit of history on the region.

Being turned on our smaller test layout Watson Lane.

Being put to work on a Waterloo - Exeter passing through Upperton a few hours later. After a few more running session it should be weathered in nicely.

talisman56

Quote from: Upperton on November 26, 2019, 09:59:45 PM
Modelling the Southern/Western region, anything LNER usually passes me by, but the Southern Region did draft in a few Gresley Buffets in the 1960s to cover a shortage of their own Buffet stock being converted for BEP/BIG use.

The Gresleys were drafted in to cover for the loss of RB stock being converted for 4REP use.

The Southern Region sucked in quite a bit of stock that other regions were only to glad to get rid of in the form of TSO, BSK, FK and CK types, and even swapped Bulleid SOs for TSOs from the ER and ScR when those regions had ones they wanted but couldn't spare them. The TSO (as DTSO), BSK and FK went to 4TCs and the CK and RB were the centre cars of the 4REPs, the CK being converted to BFK, the guard/brake area in place of the second class compartments. The DMSOs for the REPs were new-builds.
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

jpendle

My C-Rail KQA's arrived last week.

Here's a few pictures.

And the same wagons, but with different containers.

Regards,

John P

Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

Jeff_W

Minitrix coaches off ebay. The containers says "Made in West Germany", so they're probably older than me!

Shiney Sheff

An impulse buy from the box shifter in my home town, at under £100 it would have been rude not to.  :D

Rabbitaway

Hi All

Class 33 Dutch, Dapol clearance at £70, seems to be good runner

JimSan

Got the new Farish WD Austerity, haven't done the name plates yet but have given it a quick run round.
Bosnport - A Fictional P'Mouth and S'Sea based Layout upon a Bunk Bed
Gosport Railworks - My Youtube Channel
3D Printing Services

Primary Modelling eras/region: Era 3 '30s Southern, Era 4-5 BR(S) and Era 8 Network Southeast

Jeff_W

Quote from: Rabbitaway on December 05, 2019, 06:52:41 PM
Hi All

Class 33 Dutch, Dapol clearance at £70, seems to be good runner

I thought about that engine but if I read the left side of their site correctly, shipping to the US is like £39.99 (Rest of the World)? Little extreme.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations