what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveg

Newportnobby

Sorry to hear about the damage but your repair work looks very good. The cutting, in particular, looks great :thumbsup:

MinZaPint

Love the cutting  :thumbsup: you seem to be recovering well from the damage, looking good  :beers:
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

mk1gtstu

Applying some static grass on the colliery boxfile layout & electrocuting myself with the static grass applicator!!  >:D

cheers, Stu.

My Box File Layout (South Wales Valleys Colliery) http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=10430.0

Porthkerry (A South Wales layout in BR Blue) http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39654.0

Abercwm Colliery (South Wales Area) https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=47521.0

paulprice

Well I have got one step closer to getting this lot into the fleet, well I would have been if I did not add the Compound to the list.

It will have to have lining added to the locomotive to bring it in line with the tender, and yes the Patriot is now crimson  :claphappy: (I mean can you actually even have too many crimson loco;s  :confused2:)

JasonBz

This afternoon I gave a baseboard a coat of cappuccino emulsion in the summery  sunshine.

Now its dry I am sketching the outlines of what goes where with a carpenters pencil :)

Im also using the ever useful Google Earth / Streetview to look for ideas etc

Ngauging

I bought the plywood from B&Q at the weekend. Now I need to finalise my plan so I know what turnouts I need. I have plenty of flexi track already.

daveg

Quote from: Ngauging on November 02, 2015, 01:44:03 PM
I bought the plywood from B&Q at the weekend. Now I need to finalise my plan so I know what turnouts I need. I have plenty of flexi track already.

Exciting times ahead!  :thumbsup:

Don't forget to show us your plans when your ready.

Dave G

paulprice

trying to reduce the damage caused by a very shaky hands.  :'( :'( :'(

Ngauging

Where my Richmond layout is to go. I was considering trying to attach to the beams as they're the right height but decided to have free standing parallel with them. It will continue behind where the sofa-bed is. That's where the fiddle yard will be. My hifi, just in the pic, will have to move!

CliveH

Update on my 'Swanagey' engine shed. As can be seen by the base, nothing fixed down yet, but things are progressing.

Cheers

Clive

[smg id=31330 type=preview align=center caption="Ratio Shed so far"]

CliveH

Quote from: newportnobby on November 04, 2015, 02:58:11 PM
Nice bit of interior detailing, Clive :thumbsup:

Can't take too much credit for that. The bits - cupboards, shelves with stuff on, notice boards - come with the kit.

I will, however, take credit for the skillful painting and positioning!!

Cheers

Clive

Hyperion

DC or DCC, that is the question.

marco neri

..Ooooops......the unexpected guest..
an emergency landing in Narnia by an accomplished pilot.
The cause: for a misterious mistake..... was put in the tanks beer than gasoline.. :)

Greetings from Narnia
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations