what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulprice

I'm using the greatest tool, ever invented  :D

In the background is yet another project on the go.

railsquid

paulprice

Quote from: railsquid on August 03, 2015, 02:26:51 AM
Shouldn't you be using IPA on your track?
Never I would not even wash my brushes in the stuff

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: paulprice on August 02, 2015, 10:19:14 PM

I think the track gang are going to need more than one crane to remove that particular obstruction!

;)
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

paulprice

Quote from: D1042 Western Princess on August 03, 2015, 09:16:52 AM

I think the track gang are going to need more than one crane to remove that particular obstruction!

;)

Its okay I moved the obstruction. but it kept on appearing over and over again, god it was hard work drinking the stuff  :angel:

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: paulprice on August 03, 2015, 09:27:26 AM
Quote from: D1042 Western Princess on August 03, 2015, 09:16:52 AM

;)

Its okay I moved the obstruction. but it kept on appearing over and over again, god it was hard work drinking the stuff  :angel:

A tough job Paul, but glad you were up to the task! :)

paulprice

Well being a stoic type of chap, I just knuckled down and applied myself to the task in hand without a single complaint, god it was dirty work but I endured  :angel:

maridunian

Quote from: 4x2 on September 04, 2011, 12:04:06 AM
Quote from: Roy L S on September 03, 2011, 07:56:05 PM
Just finished ballasting.

Got to leave it to dry properly overnight then get the track cleaned up and working again.

If there is one job I hate and will be glad to have finished it is this one.

Roy
I think painting the rail sides is much worse...

You need some of these - compared to painting with a brush, they're a breeze! Example track here.

Mike
My layout: Mwynwr Tryciau Colliery, the Many Tricks Mine.

My 3D Modelshop: Maridunian's Models

Dancess

Changing pizza cutter wheels on coach bogies. Sore thumb and index finger !
S&D lives on - sort of!

D1042 Western Princess

Basically I spent the morning making things difficult for the drivers! Or to put it another way, planting trees on the layout - all those leaves lowering adhesion every autumn!  ::)

Oh well, can't be helped.  :D

MikeDunn

One of the cats put a paw through a polystyrene sheet simulating a raised flat area (not completely, just enough to break the surface), so had to patch with some plaster cloth on both sides ... while I was at it, I clothed the join of this & two smaller pieces to create a firmer surface that doesn't fall apart.  Once all set, will see about clothing the entire sheet ...

And also rigged up a pair of points, a couple of short curves, and some straights to make a passing / storage loop so I can get the WS underlay strip laid down under the hidden area.  Wondered why it looked really wrong - until I realised it was upside down  ::)  Rotated 180 degrees & it looks a lot better  ::) 

Just little things, until I finish a programming project in about 6 weeks ... then I can put time back into progressing the layout more than only 15 minutes here & there  :-[  Been far too long since I did anything worthwhile on the layout  :(

railsquid

Weekend has dawned after a long week of work. Baby asleep, time to get cracking. On the list for this weekend - more scenic work, and later I will go out to acquire some more electrickery bits so I can finish off the wiring.

Tdm

Quote from: railsquid on August 08, 2015, 12:32:40 AM
Weekend has dawned after a long week of work. Baby asleep, time to get cracking. On the list for this weekend - more scenic work, and later I will go out to acquire some more electrickery bits so I can finish off the wiring.

Having recently returned from a trip to Norway which is an expensive Country, I read somewhere that the most expensive City in the World is now Tokyo!. Is that true or not? - doesn't seem so regards how much you pay for your model railway stuff over there.

By the way, as regards to your reply to me in the "recent purchases" thread, I do happen to know a man who lives alone in a Villa with a Pool, and in the basement has a large collection of model railway stuff. He lives quite a few miles away though in a place where I wouldn't personally choose to live.

paulprice

I'm in a panic, as I have a magazine photographer visiting tomorrow and the layout is a mess

sparky

Just running trains for once listening to the football phone in shows....Got a Western running with some MK1 coaches,another rake of MK1 coaches behind my Deltic, a 37 with a rake of HAA coals and another 37 on an engineering trian...with my other 2 slots on my NCE cab recalls I am moving the locos around in my station stabling point to get them out for a quick wheel clean each. :D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations