what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

port perran

Three jobs today :
1)Been painting some wagons.
2)Track cleaning (a bit overdue!) on Port Perran (not a favourite job!).
3)Working on a low relief hotel for Trepol Bay :

Not yet finished but getting there. The roof is merely lodged in place at the moment. Some more small bits of detailing still to do.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

CliveH

Wheel cleaning - of 100+ bits of stock. Amazing how much crud builds up over a relatively short period of time, and I do try to keep the track clean! Nonetheless, time well spent.

Newportnobby

Quote from: CliveH on January 15, 2015, 11:01:53 AM
Wheel cleaning - of 100+ bits of stock. Amazing how much crud builds up over a relatively short period of time, and I do try to keep the track clean! Nonetheless, time well spent.

Unpleasant task but at least you see the benefits of doing it :)

Mirrlees

Tim Hitch
NGS Display Stand Manager

Newportnobby

On the 3rd (I think) attempt at a road surface. Stripped the rubber road away and have glued down some wet & dry (trying Bob Tidbury's method). Virtually every tin of baked beans or tomatoes pressed into service to hold it down. Will check the results later on.

oldmovieguy

Wondering why my Dapol type 22 keeps jumping a set of points.

mr bachmann

building a snow plow , as i dont seem to be able to get one , i'm copying from the old Tri-ang transcontinental one , dont laff' its not a bad model it measures up to the Walthers Russel plow , apart the 1950's thick plastic mouldings - er' and its HO .

UPINSMOKE

Nothing at the moment as the layout is propped up against the wall in my spare room and everything else is boxed up next to it. Its been there since Christmas. :'( I had to move it from my sitting room to make way for Christmas. :thumbsdown:  But give me a couple of weeks and I will sneak it down again :claphappy:
Growing old is mandatory, Growing up is optional

Layout Southern Comfort - In-Progress:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23145.0

austinbob

Printing out my AnyRail Plan full size ready to tack to my baseboards as a template for laying out my track.
:NGaugersRule:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

willintas

Starting some landscape work on a new little roundy

port perran

Quote from: willintas on January 24, 2015, 08:53:00 AM
Starting some landscape work on a new little roundy

Looks interesting. I do like the little micro layouts.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Portpatrick

Nothing much on Portpatrick Town at present.  With my friend, Alan's help a minor wiring improvement after the Maidenhead show has mow been done.  Also completed the servicing/minor repairs to locos and stock which emerged during the day.

I continue to reflect on what Layout No 2 might look like,  something of more contemporary, well maybe 2000 to 2010 Scottish theme.  I am inspired by Ian Futers Victoria Park.  Though I have never seen it, I like its description in his book, and the You Tube videos.  Though mine will not be blue era.

For now though, I must select stock to take to Tonbridge with Club Layout Dudley Frey.  We plan to follow our emerged practice of steam first thing , introducing green then blue diesels and then more current stock as the day progresses.  The only Blue era I have is a 108.  To which I intended to add the 4 character reporting number eyebrows so it looks more like the Scottish based 107.  Will get round to that one day.

GeeBee

Martini Holt is at a halt due to more illness getting fed up with anti diabolics and steroids will hope to restart next week some time and will post some pictures then

Skyline2uk

Filton all packed away whilst I deal with an issue in the man cave  :(

I have today taken back some plasterboard to find what I think (and hope) is the source of some damp under the window. If it's as I think it is, an easy fix, I can sort it myself with minimal outlay.

If not, well at least I know where the issue is.

Skyline2uk

johnlambert

After experimenting with Dapol magnetic couplings it seems that the best combination for my current layout is one medium and one short-arm coupling.  I'd prefer all short couplings but some of my curves are too tight.

As a rule I think the medium-arm couplings look better on rolling stock, especially things like Mk1s, while the short couplings are better on locos.  The problem is I haven't always installed the couplings that way round so I'm now going through swapping couplings around and (since I don't have enough short couplings) which engines should get short couplings first.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations