what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CirroCu

Quote from: Denemarken on September 29, 2014, 12:57:18 PM
Nothing unfortunatley as it hasn't been delivered yet :doh:
Aaaah shame :'(   But it will be all the better for the wait.
I have plenty of will power, just no won't power.

Denemarken

Very True, Having a rethink on my purchases to go with the layout at the minute. Thinking I've bought totally the wrong stock for my layout :(
Ready To Learn & Thank You For The Warm Welcome

steve836

Quote from: Denemarken on September 29, 2014, 06:25:18 PM
Very True, Having a rethink on my purchases to go with the layout at the minute. Thinking I've bought totally the wrong stock for my layout :(

If you've bought what YOU like then you've bought the right stock!
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Denemarken

Thank You Steve,

Only Issue is I would like to do a Locomotive repair yard but so far bought the following

Graham Farish Class 37 in Dutch Livery
Graham Farish Class 37 in Regional Railways Livery
Graham Farish 'Yeoman' POA Stone Ballast Hopper Weathered x1
Graham Farish 45 Tonne TTA Monobloc Tank Wagon 60880 in Jet A1 Aviation Fuel Green Livery Limited edition of 504 pieces for Model Rail magazine (EMAP) Weathered x5
Dapol Class 48 Mainline Livery

Seems a little all over the place looking at it. Also Mods if this is too off topic please let me know and apologies

steve836

Surely thats the problem of modern railways in G.B. they are all over the place, but if you like them they are right! If it helps, try running them separately and expanding the themes of each loco company.

Denemarken

I would hit the thank you button but works PC browser won't let me.

Thanks again, Think I'll sit down sort of speak and figure out exactly what I want to do before I go any further  :beers:

Tdm

Inspired by the "car of the year" Peugeot advert for their new 308, I too have decided to "de-clutter", having come to the conclusion my layout it is a little too fussy.
Still keeping 3 main tracks so can run 3 trains simultaneously, but simplifying the scenery and the things on it, and shortening at least one of the sidings and maybe getting rid of another.
Hoping to make it to the Crewe show a week Saturday to get some new ideas and maybe pick up a bargain or two.

phil s

built these today, the loco shed wasnt to bad but the shop & post office has taken 6 hours so far, it doesnt help having fingers like sausages :D, as you can see the second one has still got a bit to do yet, first time i have ever made anything like these, and to be honest i didnt think i was goin to have the patients to do them but it turned out to be so relaxing and the time flew by

scotsoft

Hi Phil,

I think both of your buildings look really good  :thumbsup:

Are you going to illuminate them?

I feel if these are an example of your first attempts, then we are going to have yet another master builder in our midst.  It is also good to hear you enjoyed the experience after being hesitant and this makes a big difference when tackling new projects.

:NGaugersRule:

cheers John.

phil s

thanks john

i will be illuminating them but as the second building has got floors through the middle i will need to wire up 5 bulbs but i will be doing it, i want everything to look realistic, i think i have got the bug now ;D

phil

Komata

Only 'cos you asked:

'Fine-tuning' SiX-mile Bush for its outing this weekend at the Hamilton (New Zealand) Model Railroaders exhibition (see the Calendar for more details). 

So far everything is going well, but , 'just in case', I'll just run it once more....   :hmmm:  :hmmm:
"TVR - Serving the Northern Taranaki . . . "

phil s

rained off of work today so finished off the building

phil

Jameswgm

Just completed a Scalescene modern station. Pretty happy with it generally.

steve836

Hi Phil & James
Really well executed models. Well done. Looking forward to seeing more

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations