what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: sparky on July 19, 2014, 02:33:29 PM
and tweaking minor bumps...

As the great Eric Morecambe would have said "They can't touch you for it" :no: :)

zwilnik

Quote from: Wingman mothergoose on July 19, 2014, 01:16:02 PM
That 3 way point looks good Zwilnik! How have you wired it up? I quite fancy putting one in my layout somewhere!

Chris

I've not wired the 3 way point up yet, at least not successfully ;) originally I used 2 seep motors but they had the longer throw that meant the switch didn't throw properly to change the frog polarity reliably. That and they tended to get stuck. So I've bought a couple more specific peco point motors and switch attachments to give it another go when I've got a good time slot.

steve836

Pouring magic water into my canal. for pics see my thread on woodland scenics water in the landscaping section.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

mr bachmann

started to model the Beeching era - just ripping the track up !

ready for the next layout

steve836

Under Beeching there wouldn't be a next layout! :laugh:
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Bob Tidbury

But we would have lots of preserved railways and of course then rule one applies :)

Sprintex

We would also have large tracts of land sold off for housing so either flog your baseboard to the first bidder to offer you a backhander or just fill it with Metcalfe cardboard houses (quite true to life when you think about it!) and therefore remove any possibility of ever having a railway there ::) ;)

Paul

D1042 Western Princess

If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

Caz

Cursing the fact that I started track modifications to Claywell, really struggling to get it done as it is still very hot here and any work in exhausting.   :doh:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

mr bachmann

Quote from: mr bachmann on July 20, 2014, 03:23:20 PM
started to model the Beeching era - just ripping the track up !

ready for the next layout

dustbin day to-morrow  :D , a big tidy up  :claphappy:

alan

sparky

Playing with setting custom speed curves  on my locos....using track speed software  to work out scale speeds...quite enjoying fiddling with the cv's .....Whoop's forgot what I last changed !!

Sprintex

Backdating, painting and detailing some trucks. I swear it would be quicker to repaint a full size tractor unit than it does an N gauge one!  :scowl:

Paul

GeeBee

Martini Holt is at a standstill, too hot and definitely not feeling well at the moment.

Malc

The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Wingman mothergoose

This week I gave fitted the platform lamps to my station, and some more lights on my loco shed, not wired up yet though! Also this week I'm giving consideration to the 'final' track alterations, namely the remodelling of the goods yard with medium radius points, and getting rid of the Setrack points, except for the carriage sidings which will receive 3 or 4 Setrack points to allow me to install at least one extra carriage siding. And also I may attempt to 'finish' the shed area, we're missing the ash plant, sand house and some form of train crew barracks, but I can advance the polyfilla groundworks and install the yard lights and water cranes, then paint up the ground and sprinkle some cinders while the paint dries....

Chris

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations