what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparky

One of my DCC chipped Class 37 just stopped completely.....thought it must be the chip...tried reprogramming but to no avail....then took chip out reinserted blanking plate and it runs lovely on DC.. time for a new chip....then took chip out of a Class 47 that doesn't get that much running and popped in the 37 which is up and running again...I then put the "non working chip" from the 37 and the 47 works as well !!!.....Sometimes I don't understand why this happens but at least my repair was free :claphappy:

DCCDave

Quote from: newportnobby on July 17, 2014, 09:54:41 PM
Cheap as chips repair :D

Congratulations, you just found the bottom :)

You did actually make me chuckle!  :thankyousign:

Cheers
Dave

zwilnik

Tempting fate, but here's another pic. Started building my Ratio coaling tower today. Still handrails, ladder, painting and coal to go, put it's starting to look the part.

Malc

Glad we sorted your pictures out Z, all the ones I've see so far are excellent. This one is no exception.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bob Tidbury

Don't know what you did Zwilnik but I can now see your pictures as clear as crystal keep up the good work
Bob Tidbury

steve836

I can see it too! Forgive me if I'm wrong but shouldn't the tower be the other way round. it looks to me as if a wagon of coal would come alongside what appears to be a conveyor system to lift the coal up and into the hopper.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

zwilnik

Quote from: steve836 on July 18, 2014, 09:45:15 PM
I can see it too! Forgive me if I'm wrong but shouldn't the tower be the other way round. it looks to me as if a wagon of coal would come alongside what appears to be a conveyor system to lift the coal up and into the hopper.

It should :)

There's just enough room in the headshunt after that 3 way point for the station pilot or delivery engine to park a couple of coal wagons to feed the hopper for a day or so. Otherwise they'd have to deliver the coal by road around the back of the engine shed where my scrapyard's going to be, which would be a bit silly :)

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

zwilnik

Flipped round the right way now :) First bit of paint on it before I put the railings and ladder on, then some coal in the hopper and a bit of weathering to do.

D1042 Western Princess

What am I doing right now? Thinking that if I hadn't been silly enough to include all those points, and gone for my other plan of just building a layout on a continuous run with just about half a mile of visible track in each direction and a looped figure of 8 behind the backscene things would be a LOT easier, trains would be running and points would not be glued up when trying to lay a new bit of ballast! :-[
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

Wingman mothergoose

That 3 way point looks good Zwilnik! How have you wired it up? I quite fancy putting one in my layout somewhere!

Chris

Malc

Building an automatic switch to alter signals when a train approaches. It's from a MERG pocket money kit. It seems to work OK, just 5 more to do and mount under the baseboard.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Wingman mothergoose

To dative had a short running session to test the new points and track I've installed this week, trying to motivate myself to wire up 4 point motors now...

Chris

sparky

Just having a general fiddle with all the points I have laid so far...rubbing down bits of epoxy resin at the frog joins and tweaking minor bumps...

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations