what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agrippa

Very nice layout !  :thumbsup:

Watch that cup of tea doesn't fall on the track !
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

zwilnik

Finally sorting my turntable out.

Not finished on the weathering yet, but nearly there with the gearing. Will need to fix the crown gear to the axle with epoxy as anything else leaves it slipping. I've done the NGS mod using drinking straws instead of brass tube and some old style carriage wheels. I've also filled the underside with Newplas and embedded a couple of spare wheels towards the centre to help reduce the friction on the base. (you can see the scrape marks where the underside of the bridge was scraping around the base before).

The 08 is on there to check clearance from the rails as it can be a bit wide with its outside frames :)

Malc

Quote from: Zwilnik on July 16, 2014, 05:12:26 PM
Finally sorting my turntable out.

Not finished on the weathering yet, but nearly there with the gearing. Will need to fix the crown gear to the axle with epoxy as anything else leaves it slipping. I've done the NGS mod using drinking straws instead of brass tube and some old style carriage wheels. I've also filled the underside with Newplas and embedded a couple of spare wheels towards the centre to help reduce the friction on the base. (you can see the scrape marks where the underside of the bridge was scraping around the base before).

The 08 is on there to check clearance from the rails as it can be a bit wide with its outside frames :)

Can't see the picture, it is telling me I am not connected to the server. Where did you save it? Is it only on your PC?
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bob Tidbury

IAm getting the same as Malc  unable to see file not connected to server
Bob

zwilnik

kardkits

Caz

Seems to be working here using Firefox and coding looks ok
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

kardkits

zwilnik

I'm using Safari and it uploaded as normal. I can always try uploading again in case it's something random on the server?

mr bachmann

collecting kato track for the new layout  ...

SD35

Playing with camera angles and lighting and taking a few final pics before Kirkholme is broken up to go to its new home.

This brush was side lit by trying to hold a four foot long mirror to the side and bouncing the evening daylight off it:

I waited a bit longer for this 37 to get a dusk lighting:

Newportnobby

Quote from: Zwilnik on July 16, 2014, 08:01:15 PM
I'm using Safari and it uploaded as normal. I can always try uploading again in case it's something random on the server?

Working fine for me on IE :confused1:

Newportnobby

Quote from: SD35 on July 16, 2014, 09:40:36 PM
Playing with camera angles and lighting and taking a few final pics before Kirkholme is broken up to go to its new home.

Great pics! Love those low level shots :thumbsup:

port perran

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations