what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davieb

Quote from: newportnobby on June 29, 2014, 01:18:42 PM
Spent a very pleasant 3 hours in the garden performing mindless destructive violence on totally innocent plywood to further create backscenes/boxing for Bletchford.
Managed to drill through a piece of wood with my finger behind the wood but luckily just burred some skin off. :ouch: :oopssign:

So that's sharp knives and now powertools that you are banned from using  >:D  :D

dave  :thumbsup:

Sprintex

Quote from: Sprintex on June 23, 2014, 09:58:04 PM
Tonight, I have mostly been . . . painting staples
Quote from: Caz on June 24, 2014, 01:19:09 PM
It has got to be asked, why the heck are you painting staples?   ???
Quote from: Bealman on June 26, 2014, 05:36:05 AM
Yeah and I still want to know why Paul was painting staples (or was that STABLES for MLPs)  :D
Quote from: D1042 Western Princess on June 26, 2014, 05:50:18 AM
As do I. Come on Paul, spill the beans!

Wonder no more ;)

Link

Paul

Caz

Thank you Paul, perhaps I'll manage a good night's sleep now, been really bugging me.   ;)   It does look quite smart though.   :thumbsup:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Malc

I just bought some Kato platforms and I'm adding a few figures and some of the Trackside Signs I purchased a while ago. I'm having a Goon Show/Little Jim experience....the figures keep falling over. One done 3 more to do.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Malc on June 29, 2014, 06:59:53 PM
I'm having a Goon Show/Little Jim experience....the figures keep falling over.

Ah, but have you any water they could fall into ;D

steve836

Quote from: newportnobby on June 29, 2014, 08:26:59 PM
Quote from: Malc on June 29, 2014, 06:59:53 PM
I'm having a Goon Show/Little Jim experience....the figures keep falling over.

Ah, but have you any water they could fall into ;D
no its all in your belly button
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

joe cassidy

My daughter has gone on holiday so my layout, which normally gathers dust propped up against the wall, is now squatting her bedroom.

Yippee !

3 weeks of serious loco/train testing ahead !

Best regards,

Joe

richie894

Just finished building my 8" helix. Being made from threaded rod and nuts it is fully adjustable. I still have to tweak it to get the perfect gradient. According to my calculations the inner loop will be within the 3% recommended and the outer loop around <2.5%.

zwilnik

I decided I needed to do a new control panel for Ivebridge before I wired any more of the points as the old panel box (originally designed for the smaller Ives Yard layout) was getting way too small to work with.

The new panel is printed on an A4 sheet and laminated together with 2 (very) thin sheets of steel/tin alloy that used to be a cheap whiteboard. The reason I picked this material was so it would be thin enough to easily mount the jack sockets used for the power connectors and still be rigid, while being easy enough to cut with scissors :)

It's also got the benefit that magnets will stick to it, so I can still do my overlay sheet idea by printing the overlays onto magnetic printer paper :)

Here's the panel in its closed position. I've still got to sort the trim for the surround.

And this time I've built it on a hinge, so it's easy to pop open and work on the wiring.

mr bachmann

Quote from: Only Me on July 06, 2014, 07:06:10 PM
Building my funicular... Its a little further on now so i can start on the cliffs

water balance we hope ...  :D

alan

EtchedPixels

Dismantling things and playing  :censored: is the box for X'

Moving in 11 days...

:help:
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Les1952

two layouts-

Furtwangen Ost is having repairs and some relaying after it took a bash getting it into the car after the Great Central event- not claimable as it was self-inflicted.

Hawthorn Dene's proscenium is under construction- a tricky one as it is a ten-foot span unsupported in the middle but which has to fold in the middle to get it into a Citroen Picasso....

The workbench also has had a procession of locos being renumbered and weathered, and rolling stock being weathered for HD's first outing at Grantham in September.

All the very best
Les

texhorse

Thank Gawd for that!  The layout is finally fully converted from DC to DCC!!!!  Now I just need to remember to keep my locos without decoders in the stock box, and not put them on the track until they've been assimilated....

Andy
Montrose and Highland Railroad
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

Wingman mothergoose

I am currently trying to alter Sherwood Central to make it mirror the prototype railway more correctly, by adding a set of trap points into the Up station loop, as well as making a tart on getting rid of most of the Setrack points in the main lines so that all of my locos will be able to traverse points without protesting or derailing. This also has the added bonus of actually making some of the loops and sidings a bit longer, as I'm moving the toe end of the points slightly further away, as medium radius are obviously a bit longer than Setrack points!

Anybody who isn't familiar with my layout, check it out on YouTube, my channel is Sherwood Central.

Chris

tutenkhamunsleeping

Quote from: Wingman mothergoose on July 16, 2014, 03:45:30 PM
as well as making a tart

I'm sure you'll find something in the Preiser range  :D

Quote from: Wingman mothergoose on July 16, 2014, 03:45:30 PM
Anybody who isn't familiar with my layout, check it out on YouTube, my channel is Sherwood Central.

Just having a shufty now... :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations