The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RailGooner

I was toying with clicking the 'funny' emoji - it's stupid funny IYKWIM.

emjaybee

Quote from: RailGooner on November 21, 2019, 06:24:11 PM
I was toying with clicking the 'funny' emoji - it's stupid funny IYKWIM.

Ridiculously, absurdly, stupidly funny, you mean.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

dannyboy

Whilst being annoyed with the company, I must admit that the 'stupidity' of the situation is quite funny. I can understand the company being annoyed if my reference number was  not correct, as they then would have to find me in their system, but when  the sender uses my initial and correct surname, I can not understand what the problem is. Incidentally, prior to the new 'the name/address is wrong' labels, they used to put a sticker on asking me to, in future, put the correct name/address. Err ..... short of sending an email or something to every one who sends me something, how can I make sure the name/address is quoted correctly?  I am going to have a coffee, this subject is really starting to annoy me now!  ;)

Addit: Whilst drinking my coffee, I have sent off an email asking why my full name is acceptable, but an initial is not.  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

stevewalker

Why don't they simply make the reference number unique to the person, but include the Eircode of your local post-office as part of that reference number? That'd identify it as a package for you and tell An Post where to deliver it, all in one go!

dannyboy

That is one of the things that is so annoying - the reference number IS unique to me!  >:(
David.

stevewalker

I got that it was unique to you, however they presumably are using the (has to be perfect) address for delivery. If the Eircode of your chosen post-office was part of that unique id, then they could deliver it without any further information.

dannyboy

I understand what you are saying Steve and, as every individual address in Ireland has a unique Eircode, what you say makes sense. However, I have already received a reply to my email and what they basically say is that they need the full name in case the reference number is not quoted correctly. It seems that I have to tell everyone when using 'AddressPal'  "please use the full name and AP number"!  ::)
David.

lil chris

Bit annoyed tonight, I placed a order for some items from Rails of Sheffield yesterday. I paid via paypal usually no problem, because I wanted the items before weekend I paid a extra £1 for Royal mail 24 thinking I should get the goods for Thursday. The trouble is Rails have not processed my order it is just sat there unconsigned/pending so they have wasted 24hours. Now if there is a problem with payment or something they could have least let me know. I should have rang them, this afternoon but unfortunately I left it too late to ring them. Friday delivery will be no good has I am usually out on a Friday so its not looking good.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

RailGooner

Are you in on Saturday? If yes, give them a call tomorrow morning and ask them to dispatch on Friday or refund your £1 and dispatch tomorrow using a standard service.

lil chris

Thanks @RailGooner saturday is a possibility. I will ring tomorrow morning, up early anyway going to the doctors for a blood test.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

Newportnobby

My Mum was ambulanced to Preston Hospital early yesterday morning (nothing too serious it turns out) and the ambulance crew insisted I was called over to Mum's before they left. They recommended I didn't go to the hospital for a couple of hours as Mum would have to go through A & E then Triage then be seen by a doc etc etc. I collected my eldest sister about 1½ hours later and to the hospital we went. Preston Hospital is a sod awful place to get to and parking is usually a nightmare but we found a place OK and went to A & E where Mum was, arriving about 10.15.
At about 13.30 she was transferred to the Surgical Assessment Unit and at around 14.15 we were advised by the senior nurse Mum would likely be kept in overnight and that we may as well go home. I dropped my sister off and got home about 15.20, made a coffee and sat down. 10 minutes later the phone rang and the aforesaid senior nurse said Mum was being discharged and could we collect her.
Back I went for my sister and back we went to the hospital. There we were told Mum had been taken for an X ray. Not long after she was brought back from that she was told she had to go for a CT scan, that there was no one to look at the scan so she'd have to go back to the hospital on the 16th Dec for the results. An hour went by and we were then told they would, in fact, look at the scan in the hope they could avoid her having to return on the 16th. Fair enough. Another hour or so went by and then a doctor told us she would be kept in overnight!!!!
Took my sis back to hers and got home about 18.20 still seething at the ineptitude and poor communication of the day. As I type this I'm waiting for the hospital to call me to see if she is coming out today, and expect another day of being buggered about.
Disgruntled of Lancashire

crewearpley40

We are all thinking of mum mick. For a speedy recovery

dannyboy

Quote from: Newportnobby on December 12, 2019, 11:04:30 AM
still seething at the ineptitude and poor communication of the day.

Seems to be the way of life these days Mick, not many people seem to care how what they say or do will affect others. Hope your Mum gets on okay.
David.

mk1gtstu

Sorry to hear that Mick,
Hope all is well again soon.

Cheers, Stu
My Box File Layout (South Wales Valleys Colliery) http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=10430.0

Porthkerry (A South Wales layout in BR Blue) http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39654.0

Abercwm Colliery (South Wales Area) https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=47521.0

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations