The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulprice

Quote from: newportnobby on October 28, 2015, 12:26:16 PM
Quote from: MalcolmAL on October 28, 2015, 11:28:24 AM
Quote from: Malc on October 28, 2015, 10:52:53 AM
You could always sew some tartan around the bottom and start a Bay City Rollers revival.
But that would have to be in the "vintage flared" style, instead of their presently(?) Narrow style. And then we would have to subject him to moderation, or worse.
;D

Sounds to me like certain parts of Paul's body are subject to moderation right now :worried:

What parts???

paulprice

Quote from: daveg on October 28, 2015, 12:31:46 PM
Quote from: paulprice on October 28, 2015, 09:18:31 AM
Quote from: daveg on October 28, 2015, 09:03:44 AM
Quote from: MikeDunn on October 28, 2015, 08:58:21 AM
Quote from: paulprice on October 28, 2015, 07:32:04 AM
they had a 29" inside leg (I am not a hobbit, im only 6'7")  :veryangry:
Quote from: daveg on October 28, 2015, 07:38:03 AM
Dave G (AKA 29" IL Hobbit ;))

Paul,

You should sell them to Dave  :D  You might even make a profit  ;)

:laughabovepost:  :laughabovepost:

Dave G
I could start a chain of shops called "STUMPTY STYLES"  :P

I resemble that heightist remark.

Now, what's my lawyer's phone number?  :hmmm:

Dave G

Im not heightist far from it, in fact I would love to see eye to eye with the for want of a better term "vertically challenged" or stumpies as they are also know, but with my bad back I should not be stooping down to such low levels,  :angel:

Newportnobby

Quote from: paulprice on October 28, 2015, 03:36:19 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on October 28, 2015, 12:26:16 PM
Quote from: MalcolmAL on October 28, 2015, 11:28:24 AM
Quote from: Malc on October 28, 2015, 10:52:53 AM
You could always sew some tartan around the bottom and start a Bay City Rollers revival.
But that would have to be in the "vintage flared" style, instead of their presently(?) Narrow style. And then we would have to subject him to moderation, or worse.
;D

Sounds to me like certain parts of Paul's body are subject to moderation right now :worried:

What parts???

Quote from: paulprice on October 28, 2015, 08:07:22 AM

I'm sure I'm developing a "cat walk" I think the jeans are too tight

The new jeans seem to affect your memory as well ;D :P

jonclox

Getting our act together at about 9 A.M today was  surprised by a knock at the front door and when we answered it was confronted by 2 PC plods  :worried: :o. After a lot of prying it seems that youngest son phoned them regarding an incident that had occurred at home  and he gave our address as a home address instead of where he and his girlfriend live. We gave plod an update on his domestic arrangements  and they went off to find him hopefully  there.
Turns out his 'beloved' had slammed a car door into his back.
emailed him immediately and asked what the **** was going on. He then told us about the car door etc.
It would seem that he is a battered husband and is only holding things together for the kids.
Gawd knows whats going to happen next  ::)
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Newportnobby

So sorry to hear that, Jon :(
It's something not heard about very often but I do know it happens and hope somehow your son can get through it all.

scotsoft

That has happened to two people I know. One lad I worked with and the first I knew of it was when he turned up on my doorstep needing somewhere safe to stay for a few days. It was a terrible time with the police involved at all hours of the night. So I feel for your son and for you.

Hope it sorts itself soon.

John.

Newportnobby

Was meant to see a heart consultant at the Chest Clinic at Preston Hospital today but, having driven 5 times and 1½ hours round the hospital trying to find somewhere to park I had to give up (appointments are evidently only available during visiting hours). I tried to phone the 'appointment line' 4 times but couldn't get through while I was sitting there in the car picking fluff from my navel (a man's gotta have something to do). Got back home after a trip on the M6 where I'd have been better off with an outboard motor than my little turbocharged 999cc thingy and finally got through to the appointment line to let them know I did try to get there. The guy was very understanding and gave me the direct number for the Chest Clinic. Trouble was, they'd changed it so much toing & froing occurred. I now have to wait for another appointment with the consultant.
I'm sure as hell more steamed up than the car was, and am starting to wish we had a 'Hopping Mad' or 'Downright Furious' thread.
:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

P.S. Yeah - hospital visits are bad for your blood pressure/heart ::)

daveg

Blimey Mick! That's what I'd call 'A Very Bad Day'.

Hope you get a new appt soon and that you can somehow sort out a parking spot.

Any point in looking for a nearby non-hospital car park and taking a (short) cab ride to the clinic?

Dave G

Newportnobby

Quote from: daveg on November 09, 2015, 03:57:42 PM

Any point in looking for a nearby non-hospital car park and taking a (short) cab ride to the clinic?

Dave G

There's a supermarket not too far away but parking is, of course, limited to 2 hours and, let's face it, once you actually get into the damned hospital who knows when you'd get out?
Once I have the revised date through I'll see whether I can get one of my sisters to drop me off. They can then go shopping for the day until I whistle them up again :hmmm:

jonclox

Stair lift went wrong Thursday evening and wouldn't swing round at the top of the stairs for me to get off easily so Friday morning we phone up and ask for a service call our (its FOC) for later in the day. About four o`clock the guy turns up and once I demonstraight  the fault he set about fixing things............or not  :doh:>  In the end he decided that the PC board under the seat was at fault and.........He hadn't got one :hmmm: At least he put everything back so that by struggling I could clamber on it upstairs and come down in the usual way. He contacted HQ to get a new board and would get someone to call over the weekend or today at the latest.
BY 9-30 This morning we had heard nothing so  phoned HQ again...........They are having to get one made up as they are out of stock
10 AM the phone rings its HQ............. they are getting some made and the earliest arrival and fitting will be on the nineteenth of this month.
I am not amused and my hip hurts like **** very time I use the thing and is nearly locked up solid every morning
John A GOM personified
Ruleoneshire

port perran

It's always the same. Nothing ever goes to plan.
You simply cannot rely on any companies these days.

I lease my car as I'm a Driving Instructor and replace my car yearly. New car arranged for delivery Friday (last week). On Monday (a week ago) the Lease Company 'phone with Registration Number of New Car so I can insure it.
Great - I phone Insurance Company . No problem they say....will fax Cover Note to Lease company immediately.
Next Day, Lease Company phone me .....No fax received.
Phone Insurance Company - Oh sorry - apologies - we'll send it now.
Next Day (this is Wednesday), Lease Company phone - no fax.
Phone Insurance Company - huge apologies. We'll send it now.
Which they did but did it really need so many 'phone calls.
Just complete Incometence and in reality - They couldn't give  a damn (as long as they get their money).
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

lil chris

I feel for you guys having so much trouble especially Mick, the hospital car park thing is a joke. The hospital in Bury where I go for my checkup they had a masssive pay meter car park which they have now made staff only. You end driving round looking for a space,I was lucky last time. You can not park in the local streets they have been made pass holder/residents only and they make my appointment early so I can not even use my bus pass. I do not want to ask for a later appoinment because then you risk being there all day, you can't win.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

javlinfaw7

Due to the opening of a new super hospital Glasgow City Council wish to make our area permit only , you would have to apply for a permit costing £50 per annum per car with visitors paying £2 per visit of up to 6 hrs ,up to two per house , local businesses would be charged £700 per annum per vehicle and all this for no garranteed space.

Trent

Good wishes to those having health problems. You'd think a stair-lift company would be more on the ball considering what their job is.

jonclox

Quote from: Trent on November 12, 2015, 12:16:09 AM
Good wishes to those having health problems. You'd think a stair-lift company would be more on the ball considering what their job is.
Agreed and  I bet if I ordered a new one it could be delivered almost at once.
They could even have a 'pre-used ' one in stock that they could rob out for the time being
Although its still awkward I have found a way to get on and off it at the top without   hurting my hip. Im not going tell them that though  :-X
John A GOM personified
Ruleoneshire

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP