The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveg

Quote from: jonclox on October 11, 2015, 10:31:32 AM
Quote from: newportnobby on October 09, 2015, 02:56:54 PM
Quote from: jonclox on October 09, 2015, 02:16:37 PM
>:(  Just been reminded that in an hours time both SWMBOd and I are due to go to the GPs den of iniquity and suffer the annual joys of
TheFlu Jab
20015 variety
:-\ :doh:

Live long and prosper, Jon ;)
(Or maybe it's a strain classified as a class 20 virus)
Many thanks Mick can you wish me............'.Live long and prosper, Jon'............ this every week as hours later I had a Euomillions prize come up.
OK it was only £12.98 but its a step in the positive direction  :beers:

Well done, Jon.

Just watch out he doesn't start charging you commission!  :D

Dave G

Newportnobby

Quote from: daveg on October 11, 2015, 01:28:56 PM
Quote from: jonclox on October 11, 2015, 10:31:32 AM
Quote from: newportnobby on October 09, 2015, 02:56:54 PM
Quote from: jonclox on October 09, 2015, 02:16:37 PM
>:(  Just been reminded that in an hours time both SWMBOd and I are due to go to the GPs den of iniquity and suffer the annual joys of
TheFlu Jab
20015 variety
:-\ :doh:

Live long and prosper, Jon ;)
(Or maybe it's a strain classified as a class 20 virus)
Many thanks Mick can you wish me............'.Live long and prosper, Jon'............ this every week as hours later I had a Euomillions prize come up.
OK it was only £12.98 but its a step in the positive direction  :beers:

Well done, Jon.

Just watch out he doesn't start charging you commission!  :D

Dave G

I reckon 10% would be fair, Dave. Payment to me only becomes due on wins over £250, otherwise a donation to the forum fighting funds ;)

MalcolmInN

Quote from: newportnobby on October 11, 2015, 01:51:44 PMdonation to the forum fighting funds ;)
(Peter) You cant fight here this is a discussion forum  ;D (/Sellers)

paulprice

I give up, I have to figure out how to get my minitrix ivatt mogul working, after I removed the baseplate and dropped the thing , so not happy  :'(

scotsoft

Quote from: newportnobby on October 10, 2015, 03:18:10 PM

At this rate I think we may have to have a Medical Thread :hmmm:

That should have everyone in stitches  :goggleeyes:

Newportnobby

Quote from: scotsoft on October 11, 2015, 08:03:51 PM

:laughabovepost: :smiley-laughing:
Oops - I think I just bust a gut laughing :smackedface:

steve836

Quote from: newportnobby on October 11, 2015, 08:18:11 PM

Shouldn't that be in the medical thread? :sorrysign: hat coat etc.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

scotsoft

Quote from: newportnobby on October 11, 2015, 08:18:11 PM

:laughabovepost: :smiley-laughing:

That will only happen once the council has done the bypass  :smiley-laughing:

steve836

I'm fed up with flea bay sending me e-mails saying "something inspired by you" then listing loads of rubbish I have never looked at and would never buy. If they are going to send mail of this nature they could at least look at my browsing history and send stuff I might actually be interested in---Who knows I might even buy something!

dannyboy

Quote from: steve836 on October 12, 2015, 03:19:47 PM
I'm fed up with flea bay sending me e-mails saying "something inspired by you"

I have to agree, it is amazing how many 'recommendations' I receive, that, at best have a vague connection to something I bought months ago - Amazon are just as bad!  :thumbsdown:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Dorsetmike

Oki tech support - or lack thereof

On my OKI laser there there are setting options for weights of paper from light 64-74gsm up to ultra heavy at 177-220gsm, also settings for labels 1 and labels 2, I print quite a few labels, like brick, stone and tile downloads which I stick onto card for buildings etc.

So I thought I know labels 1 works on my printer, but what is the difference and why. So I phoned OKI tech support, they didn't know, even asked his supervisor so I sent the query by email over a week ago, today I finally got a (useless) reply

Thank you for contacting OKi tech support regarding your C531 printer.

Unfortunately I cannot help you with answering this question.
The printer is designed do be printing only on normal office paper.

Should you require to use a different type of a medium like a label paper with an adhesive please contact the manufacturer of the paper to ask for the best settings for their product as the glue used can have different properties and temperature requirements.

papers manufacturer should be able to advice what settings are best in different types and models of printers on the market. Some label papers are for instance not advised to be used in laser or LED printers as they use high temperatures to fuse the toner with the paper which can cause the adhesive to leak or to dry out.

Should you require to use a different type of a medium like a label paper with an adhesive please contact the manufacturer of the paper to ask for the best settings for their product as the glue used can have different properties and temperature requirements.

papers manufacturer should be able to advice what settings are best in different types and models of printers on the market. Some label papers are for instance not advised to be used in laser or LED printers as they use high temperatures to fuse the toner with the paper which can cause the adhesive to leak or to dry out.

The label supplier (Label Planet) said "we use OKIs on setting labels 1" they also quoted the weight of their labels, separate weights fo0r the label and its backing paper, total is about 120gsm and are sold as laser labels, so obviously the adhesives are formulated to cope with the fuser temperature.

I'm surprised OKI tech support don't know the answer for one of their own machines. Surely label stock is a normal office paper, more so than say 220gsm card.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

GeeBee

Quote from: Dorsetmike on October 13, 2015, 12:55:22 PM
Oki tech support - or lack thereof

On my OKI laser there there are setting options for weights of paper from light 64-74gsm up to ultra heavy at 177-220gsm, also settings for labels 1 and labels 2, I print quite a few labels, like brick, stone and tile downloads which I stick onto card for buildings etc.

So I thought I know labels 1 works on my printer, but what is the difference and why. So I phoned OKI tech support, they didn't know, even asked his supervisor so I sent the query by email over a week ago, today I finally got a (useless) reply

The label supplier (Label Planet) said "we use OKIs on setting labels 1" they also quoted the weight of their labels, separate weights fo0r the label and its backing paper, total is about 120gsm and are sold as laser labels, so obviously the adhesives are formulated to cope with the fuser temperature.

I'm surprised OKI tech support don't know the answer for one of their own machines. Surely label stock is a normal office paper, more so than say 220gsm card.

I had a similar problem with HP I asked which laser decal film i should use with their colour laser printers result was Excuse me sir what is decal film
I gave up at that point

paulprice

How come when you don't want to buy certain things there seems to be a worldwide excess and you cant move for seeing things but the very moment you need one the supply vanishes and prices increase beyond reason ? :veryangry: :pmsign:

steve836

Newportnobby

Today started off with some very minor repairs to the front of my roof which was going to cost £50. When the guy removed a couple of tiles he discovered the felt inside had rotted and there were gaping holes in it, along with rotten battens. The cost went up to £450. Further inspection showed the  :censored: who fitted the soft edges (black plastic pieces which cover the sides of the roof) 2 years ago had not fitted them properly and the main batten running up the side of the roof was rotten in parts. Not only that but he'd just nailed the soft edges into the main batten using inappropriate nails. The soffits are now able to be pulled away from the batten by hand.

A couple of pics of the front................

and a couple of the back..............

So - to remove soft edges, remove soffits and replace everything is now 2 days work and a total cost of £1600. Luckily we have dry weather up here at present.

Am I angry?  :censored: right, I am.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations