The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malc

Thought you'd been a bit quiet Alan, hope you get everything sorted and back on track with Snow Hill (no pun intended)
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Jerry Howlett

Alan, 

The joys of old houses eh!!!

As for "proper bulbs" how long before we forget what it was like to enter a room, flick a switch and heh presto LIGHT!!!

Nowadays flick switch and wait for the glow worms to wake up.

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Agrippa

Or just use incandescent bulbs.... ;)
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

guest311

put a best offer in on an item on evilbay, 48hrs later and it's expired. >:(

nothing from the seller to say no thanks, just silence  :veryangry:

it really annoys me when people can be  :censored: to even acknowledge a PM or e-mail.

rant over

Tank

I have just opened my order from a large online retailer.  It was supposed to be the 3 curved topped Autoballasters (JJA) Non-Generator, but when I opened up the 3rd one it was a Generator. :doh:  Ruined the video I was going to make of the 15 wagons going along my track.

I've messaged them, and hopefully they still have it in their warehouse.  They are hard to get hold of, so this was a rare chance to get the 3 that I needed. :-\

Quote from: class37025 on October 11, 2014, 01:49:23 PM
put a best offer in on an item on evilbay, 48hrs later and it's expired. >:(

nothing from the seller to say no thanks, just silence  :veryangry:

it really annoys me when people can be  :censored: to even acknowledge a PM or e-mail.

rant over

I must agree, a seller should have to respond to an offer.  It's very rude, and I always put in a cheeky low offer in first before a bigger one.  Usually gets a large amount off of the bill!

jonclox

Ann phoned up today for a follow up appointment with the GP that she has started to get on well with even though they have only had 2 appointments and spoken on the phone twice. Today it turns out that she was only a locum and although she asked to see Ann again next week she has left. Just when she had started to gain Anns confidence  :veryangry:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

steve836

Sorry to hear Ann isn't well--Hope its not too serious.
Best wishes Steve
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Ozymandias

Quote from: jonclox on October 14, 2014, 04:17:53 PM
Ann phoned up today for a follow up appointment with the GP that she has started to get on well with even though they have only had 2 appointments and spoken on the phone twice. Today it turns out that she was only a locum and although she asked to see Ann again next week she has left. Just when she had started to gain Anns confidence  :veryangry:

Sorry to hear this - very infuriating. :(  I hope Ann's health recovers and the NHS's service improves!
"Look on my works, Ye Mighty, and despair!"

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: Ozymandias on October 14, 2014, 05:08:55 PM
Quote from: jonclox on October 14, 2014, 04:17:53 PM

Sorry to hear this - very infuriating. :(  I hope Ann's health recovers and the NHS's service improves!

Nothing to add but wish Ann and your self all the best.   Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Newportnobby

21 years ago it was a locum who finally realised why my right hip/knee was so painful. All the other doctors I had/have subsequently seen have just been quacks with no clue. As you know it was only this year I had a hip replacement 21 years after the correct diagnosis.
Whilst I appreciate they won't do such operations if they consider you too young at least the guy got it right.
I'm completely sympathetic with Ann's dilemma and hope things improve, Jon.

jonclox

Quote from: newportnobby on October 14, 2014, 10:03:37 PM
21 years ago it was a locum who finally realised why my right hip/knee was so painful. All the other doctors I had/have subsequently seen have just been quacks with no clue. As you know it was only this year I had a hip replacement 21 years after the correct diagnosis.
Whilst I appreciate they won't do such operations if they consider you too young at least the guy got it right.
I'm completely sympathetic with Ann's dilemma and hope things improve, Jon.
Thanks but its thrown her back to just the wrong side  of day 1 again  :worried:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

daveg

Disappointed for you both.

Here's wishing things back to at least where Ann was before her favourite doc went away.

Take care and as easy as you can.

Dave G

Skyline2uk

Well, the home-ownership honeymoon is over.

We have a leaky roof.  :(

Don't think its really bad, but its just a bit scary that I can't just call the landlord and say "deal with it".

Not that I am sure I will pursue it (best get a quote or two first), but does anybody know if I have a comeback against the fact we had a (and paid for) a full house survey before we bought?

Skyline2uk

daveg

Sorry about your discovery Skyline.

Having recently paid for, but yet to move in to, a house that's had what is called a Full Building Survey, I would be right back on to the surveyor if he/she hadn't picked the problem up.

Best to reread the report to make sure it isn't covered in an obscure part or a proviso due to:
'no visible evidence' of damp/leak/whatever
or
'unable to gain access to the area' of the problem at the time.

They're the only reasons I can think of but others here may know better.

Hopefully you can resolve the problem without too much pain and cost.

Good luck!

Dave G

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Skyline2uk on October 15, 2014, 08:09:50 PM
Not that I am sure I will pursue it (best get a quote or two first), but does anybody know if I have a comeback against the fact we had a (and paid for) a full house survey before we bought?

Skyline2uk

It will depend whether it should have been seen. So for example if there was a dirty great stain on the ceiling before you might have an argument.

I would prioritize getting it fixed. Cleaning up after a bad roof leak is not fun so the sooner it's not a leak the better.

I have a friend who now always takes his friendly builder with him not a surveyor. A surveyor only tells him what might be wrong, possibly, if you have an extra survey done to check, the builder om the other hand tells him what can be done and how much it'll cost 8)

Alan

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations