The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malc

Thanks Bob. The insurance includes a free courtesy car. I am now driving a Focus. Nice car, but it has a slight problem. There are 3 pedals on the floor. What do you do with the one on the left? Also the gearbox makes a funny noise when I change gear.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bob Tidbury

Trust Ford to economise again .. Better get back to the angry thread or we will be told off .
Bob

Bob Tidbury

By economise I meant putting the extra peddle in to make you change gear yourself instead of fitting the more expensive automatic gearbox... I'm not sure if this has already been sent .Back to angry thread I got sidetracked by one of those !,,,,,,,,,,,,! Annoying phone calls telling me I could borrow £5000 at a very good rate  well for the company anyway .so sorry if this comes on the forum twice
Bob

Kipper

Went through the farce of phoning GP (repeat dialling from 8.30 till got through at 8.57) and no appointment to see doctor until 15 August. Mentioned that my foot might drop off by them (extremely painful and funny colour), so "upgraded" to see Practice Nurse at 5.15 today. Looked at foot, looked at medical records, and confirmed what I thought it was - another flare up of osteomyelitis. On antibiotics now, for 7 days, then go back if no better and will order x-rays to see what is going on. Shut left ankle in gate, as a 9 year old, and chipped bone, which let in the germ. Now only need an insect bite (last one a really nasty Moroccan one), and the dormant germ wakes up and off we go again, with abscesses on the bone. At least I can still get about, as I drive an auto!

Newportnobby

I'll not mention any particular type of attack dog, but they're usually easier to get past than a doctor's receptionist ::)

kaiwhara

:censored: ! I want to scream! :censored:

I put my Subaru into a workshop this morning because at its last service the Rocker Cover Gasket had been identified as needing replacement (day off today). Expecting a bill of around $350 for that, no biggy. That soon became both Head Gaskets needing immediate replacement and the car off the road for a week (Bill now around $2000). Not impressed.  :veryangry:

But wait, there's more! The other half goes out to get some Paint Stripper, and crashes the Golf!  :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

So now I have no cars, no replacement vehicle for mine available until Friday, I am on earlies, I live in the wops, and my work gear (including my Train Keys) are in the back of the Subaru, on top of a hoist!

Anyone comes up with any other problems, are likely to get shot. Just warning you Mr Murphy! :veryangry2:
:Class414:  :NGaugersRule: :Class37:

My Model Planning Thread:

(Click on Picture to view thread)

View my photos at my Flickr Account

Bealman

Oh  :censored:

Can almost hear you this side of the ditch!

Good luck!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

kaiwhara

Sounds like the Golf is a write off now. All air bags deployed etc. Other half is okay if shaken up, but very poor timing.

Oh, and we booked our break to Queenstown last night too. Wouldn't have done that had we known what would happen today. Kinda gad we did though.....
:Class414:  :NGaugersRule: :Class37:

My Model Planning Thread:

(Click on Picture to view thread)

View my photos at my Flickr Account

Bealman

You'll probably enjoy your Queenstown trip more than ever. :beers:

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Oldun

Not my car but my sons. Parked outside the house every night - he got up to find this on his car this morning  :veryangry:

[smg id=14991]

It seems to have been done by some local idiot doing handbrake turns into the turning opposite the house.
Before anyone says you shouldn't park opposite a side turning, the local dustman complimented him on it
being parked where it was as he could just reverse into the turning without any maneuvering.  :)

Just keeping a lookout for rear end damaged cars visiting the locals now.

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

guest311

Quote from: class37025 on August 04, 2014, 02:46:10 PM
Quote from: class37025 on July 24, 2014, 02:31:38 PM
just had a phone call from Forest Gardens to tell me that they are now delivering the sheds next Thursday  :veryangry:

no real apology, and by her attitude not bothered about the disruption caused by their incompetance

"I can sympathise with your frustration but there's nothing we can do"

which I translated as - couldn't give a f damn about the inconvenience we've caused.

still waiting to hear from Shedstore, who were going to get back to me this morning ::)

update :

needless to say no call from Shedstore Friday, so phoned them Monday - "oh, don't know who told you that, someone from Forest Gardens will ring you when they've delivered the sheds"  - Thursday afternoon and a truck arrives, and actually delivered the right sheds  :thumbsup:

nothing from Forest Gardens so rang them this morning - "oh, yes I can see there were some note put on the original delivery, but it wasn't passed to anyone. I'll pass it on and someone will phone you "

anyone want to guess how long that will take ?

guess what -------

still no contact from Forest Gardens by last Friday, so went on their website and used their 'contact us' link and complained yet again.

automated reply 'a member of our staff will be in touch shortly' --- lieing :censored: sods, no phone call, no email, so I guess its a case of don't touch these two firms with a bargepole in future.
sheds now built, as a 12 x 4 but with one spare end as an internal wall giving a 4x4 and an 8x4 setion, after usual poor workmanship repaired, ie tonge & grove not engaged properly at the top of one side before nailed, numerous nails hammered home, thought nail guns did this, and a couple of wrongly aligned then nailed frame pieces had the nails cut, framing realigned, and then renailed, properly.

in other words, just what you'd expect to do with a new shed, yes  >:D

SWMBO is happy with the 4x4 part, electricity now in and awaiting checking by an electrician mate before freezer moved in there.

'What are you doing with the other part?' mmmmmmmmmmm  :hmmm:

answers on a postcard  :D

cheers

alan

Newportnobby

Glad things are coming together on the mancave front, Alan, and I hope all goes well in the negotiations for the 'big' bit :D

guest311

Quote from: newportnobby on August 19, 2014, 09:58:29 PM
Glad things are coming together on the mancave front, Alan, and I hope all goes well in the negotiations for the 'big' bit :D

no need to negotiate ........

I've kept the keys to the padlocks  :thumbsup:

jonclox

Suppliers who advertise something as 'in stock' then sit on the order for a week or two.
I quite understand that a small retailer could have problems getting to the post every day but 2 weeks is starting to get me angry.
Even emails fail to get replies it seems
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Oldun

Quote from: Oldun on August 19, 2014, 11:03:06 AM
Not my car but my sons. Parked outside the house every night - he got up to find this on his car this morning  :veryangry:
[smg id=14991]
It seems to have been done by some local idiot doing handbrake turns into the turning opposite the house.
Before anyone says you shouldn't park opposite a side turning, the local dustman complimented him on it
being parked where it was as he could just reverse into the turning without any maneuvering.  :)

Sorted, no insurance involved - just purchased a good secondhand door and son gets a free respray at his work place
by the guy who sprays the boats (ex vehicle sprayer) with his boss's blessing.  Cost of door, £42.00 delivered :thumbsup:

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations