The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malc

Quote from: Michael Hendle on October 21, 2013, 11:16:58 AM
:hellosign:
,looks like it will be a hacksaw job

Mike :NGaugersRule: :A1Tornado:Mike
Assuming it is a x head screw, sometimes cutting a slot in the top with a junior hacksaw and turning it into a slot head, then using a bigger screwdriver so you can get more purchase will work. Likely to cause less damage to the vehicle than trying to hack off the screw.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

beestie

the flaming rain is stopping progress ! PLease stop!!!
James Beeston(aka mrjamestrain)

Michael Hendle

Thanks for the tips,on how to get a screw loose

Mike

daveg

Quote from: Michael Hendle on October 21, 2013, 11:34:22 AM

Mike

I've had one of those for years (apparently) but don't know how I did it!  :wave:

Dave G

scotsoft

Quote from: daveg on October 21, 2013, 11:47:39 AM
Quote from: Michael Hendle on October 21, 2013, 11:34:22 AM

Mike

I've had one of those for years (apparently) but don't know how I did it!  :wave:

Dave G

:laughabovepost:  :laughabovepost:  :laughabovepost:  :laughabovepost:  :laughabovepost:  :laughabovepost:

Lawrence

An old airframe engineers trick (told to me by an old airframe engineer) if a screw or bolt wont loosen off, try just tightening it up a little first (just a nip), that sometimes is enough to 'break the seal' then it should undo okay.

Michael Hendle

Hi

:bounce: I managed to get the screw undone first hacked the plinth off,then with a pair of pliers on the screw I rotated the van anti clockwise,and the screw came out  :thankyousign: all :beers: to all

Now to find a reason why a British Caladonian Airways van is  in a goods yard in North Cornwall

Mike

Dorsetmike

QuoteNow to find a reason why a British Caladonian Airways van is  in a goods yard in North Cornwall

Maybe it just flew in?  (Guards van - Vanguard)

I'll get me coat
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

scotsoft

Quote from: Michael Hendle on October 21, 2013, 12:13:14 PM
Now to find a reason why a British Caladonian Airways van is  in a goods yard in North Cornwall

Mike

It is a well known fact the Cornish are proficient smugglers  :D

cheers John.

MikeDunn

Have you tried tightening it, then loosening ?

Michael Hendle

Hi,Mike

I was thinking going Boeing with British Overdue Airways Corporation(I first started working for them in 1964) B.O.A.C,

Talking about smuggling,my Dad said they used to go down to the beach first thing every morning to see what had been washed in from the Atlantic.

Dad said there was always stuff there,from ships sunk by U Boats.What they were looking for was tinned food and bottles of Drink,the food was to supplement their food rationing or sell to the locals.

Mike

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on October 20, 2013, 05:18:09 PM
Just started watching the BBC2 programme on the Flying Scotsman, with Mrs "H" sitting down with me. Started raining and have lost all channels.

:veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

That "started raining" continued until 6:00 am this morning with the worst thunderstorms I have ever encountered.
This morning the railway room (cellar) had realistic water flowing through it and our village was cut off due to numerous landslides. A small road that I use for the circular dog walk has collapsed into the valley probably never to be reopened.
At least I can watch TV again today....
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

wentzeljr

Quote from: findus on March 31, 2011, 01:49:39 PM
Wedding plans  >:( >:( >:(  is there ever going to be any end to the cost?

the worst part is im paying and the only thing i get out of this is a new ball and chain  ???

When my daughter was married, I asked my wife what it cost and she told me I didn't want to know. Probably correct. 8)

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on October 21, 2013, 07:39:04 PM
A small road that I use for the circular dog walk has collapsed into the valley probably never to be reopened.
At least I can watch TV again today....

At least you weren't on the road at the time...

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

scotsoft

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on October 21, 2013, 07:39:04 PM
A small road that I use for the circular dog walk has collapsed into the valley probably never to be reopened.

Do you have a photograph of this circular dog Jerry?

It must walk in a roundabout sort of way  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

cheers John.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations