In Memory of Thomas Creator Rev. Awdry

Started by Ditape, March 21, 2022, 08:43:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ditape

25 years ago today, Thomas & Friends' creator Wilbert Vere Awdry (June 15, 1911–March 21, 1997) had passed away. Today Thomas and Friends fans, I honor and thank him for creating Thomas The Tank Engine to lift all of our Thomas and Friends childhood memories.

Diane Tape

chrism

Quote from: Ditape on March 21, 2022, 08:43:31 AM
5 years ago today, Thomas & Friends' creator Wilbert Vere Awdry (June 15, 1911–March 21, 1997) had passed away. Today Thomas and Friends fans, I honor and thank him for creating Thomas The Tank Engine to lift all of our Thomas and Friends childhood memories.

25 years, even  ;)

Bealman

I felt honoured to have my layout featured in the same issue that Railway Modeller magazine published his obituary.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

The Q

The Awdry family at one time had the Advowson of St James church Ludgershall  in Wiltshire, which I lived within sight of at one time, the EM gauge railway I'm Modelling includes the goods yard a hundred yards behind the Church..

"The Belfry contains 6 bells.  The oldest dated 1631 and newest 1908. The bells were re-hung in 1908 at cost of £200, the expense was borne by Mrs and Miss Awdry in memory of the Revd. W. H. Awdry who was the Rector from 1872 -99.  The sixth, now number 1 was added at this time."

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations