Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ngaugepaul and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Newportnobby

A couple of new items arrived 'Chez Nobby' today, the first of which I can blame fairly and squarely on @emjaybee  :D

Smart packaging too.............

Next one was more of a "Ahhhh. Isn't it cute? :heart2:" sort of purchase but was post free

and, yes, I know some of the track in the goods yard needs a damned good clean :P

chrism

Quote from: Newportnobby on May 22, 2019, 03:21:31 PM
A couple of new items arrived 'Chez Nobby' today, the first of which I can blame fairly and squarely on @emjaybee  :D

and, yes, I know some of the track in the goods yard needs a damned good clean :P

Crikey, that Terrier doesn't half make the couplings look enormous  :D

emjaybee

Smart packaging too.............

Next one was more of a "Ahhhh. Isn't it cute? :heart2:" sort of purchase but was post free

Whoa, whoa, whoa!

:stop:

Now hang on a minute, I'm not taking that. I didn't do a thing! All I did was compare measurements of a particular (nothing specific, mind) item in a 'what if' scenario with the available space of a hypothetical situation as regards a personages available 'square acreage' of track space! At no point did I mention getting a dog Terrier. There was never any mention of parting with beer tokens in exchange for stock.

I can't believe it's happening all over again! PaulPrice used to blame me for all his wild extravagance, at least he had the decency to blame me to get round his D.O., your just using me to pacify your soul! Unbelievable!

Nice crane by the way, what made you buy one of them as well as the Terrier?

:whistle:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

dannyboy

the first of which I can blame fairly and squarely on @emjaybee  :D

I can understand why @emjaybee could get blamed for that - wouldn't mind blaming him myself for one  ;)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
but was post free

what sort of excuse is that for buying - "It was post free" ?
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Quote from: emjaybee on May 22, 2019, 03:53:15 PM

Whoa, whoa, whoa!

:stop:

At no point did I mention getting a dog Terrier. There was never any mention of parting with beer tokens in exchange for stock.

Nice crane by the way, what made you buy one of them as well as the Terrier?

Now hang on a moment,sir. I never stated you prodded me into getting a loco. You did, however, chunter on for England about the amount of free space on my layout, so much so that, in fact, I bought it purely for some peace as opposed to wanting one that badly :angel:

Quote from: dannyboy on May 22, 2019, 04:11:05 PM

The excuse was not that it was post free but that it was so cute I just wanted to give it a good home. The free post was just a Brucie Bonus.
(Now to think of how it could appear in Oxfordshire from Eastleigh........ :hmmm: ;))

emjaybee

the first of which I can blame fairly and squarely on @emjaybee  :D

I can understand why @emjaybee could get blamed for that - wouldn't mind blaming him myself for one  ;)

8)

For a small fee,  that could be arranged.

:read2:

Quote from: Newportnobby on May 22, 2019, 04:23:23 PM

Now hang on a moment,sir. I never stated you prodded me into getting a loco. You did, however, chunter on for England about the amount of free space on my layout, so much so that, in fact, I bought it purely for some peace as opposed to wanting one that badly
:angel:

Oh! I think you misunderstood!

Blimey, you've barely got room for that Terrier never mind a huge great breakdown crane!

I mean, their huge! It'll be coming round the front whilst the last vehicle is still exiting the frontscene!

:o

What on earth made you think that was a good idea?

:moony:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

dannyboy

The excuse was not that it was post free but that it was so cute I just wanted to give it a good home. The free post was just a Brucie Bonus.

Well I suppose that is a novel reason for getting a new engine. (wonder if that will work with SWMBO  :hmmm:)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Train Waiting

(Now to think of how it could appear in Oxfordshire from Eastleigh........ :hmmm: ;))

How about this, Mick:

32636 was withdrawn at the end of 1963.  In early 1964, she went to the Bluebell Railway where we know her as 'Fenchurch'.  In her late BR days, she was famous as the oldest locomotive in service.

If your layout is set before the end of 1963, she might well be in Oxon for a BR open day or similar.

If 1964 or later, a tall tale involving the Bluebell Railway might be necessary.

Lovely engine.  That livery rather suits her.

Best wishes.

John

Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Skyline2uk

Well seeing as @Newportnobby has set a trend with cute locos, here is the latest (and maybe last) result of my loft / Gumtree / Boot sale windfall...

The 03 (described by Mrs Skyline as "sweet") was a bit of a result from eBay. It's clearly never been out of its box but runs very sweetly. The shunters truck is from TMC (also a bit of a bargain at a moment).

Skyline2uk

Newportnobby

Quote from: Train Waiting on May 22, 2019, 06:40:01 PM

How about this, Mick:

32636 was withdrawn at the end of 1963.  In early 1964, she went to the Bluebell Railway where we know her as 'Fenchurch'.  In her late BR days, she was famous as the oldest locomotive in service.

If your layout is set before the end of 1963, she might well be in Oxon for a BR open day or similar.

Lovely engine.  That livery rather suits her.

Best wishes.

John

The layout is set firmly in the transition era so late steam/early diesel so an 'Open Day' could be a plan. TBH I do prefer either of the Era 2 liveries seen on this page........
https://railsofsheffield.com/manufacturer-dapol-JJJM75?Personalise=false&searchTerm=&Category=Steam+Locos%2FEngines&Gauge=N+Gauge&SortMethod=ProductCodeAscending&PageSize=24&page=3

but that would make it a real oddball amongst my other stuff.
Thanks for the help, John

silly moo

My latest baby, like all new babies it was a bit noisy to start off with but has now settled down.

:NGaugersRule:

Newportnobby

Have you (very) lightly oiled the gears and connecting rod as per the instructions?

silly moo

Yes, I've done the oiling 😀 I have a whole litter of Terriers and a few other Dapol locos so I know the drill.

Railwaygun

Quote from: Skyline2uk on May 22, 2019, 07:17:21 PM
Well seeing as @Newportnobby has set a trend with cute locos, here is the latest (and maybe last) result of my loft / Gumtree / Boot sale windfall...

The 03 (described by Mrs Skyline as "sweet") was a bit of a result from eBay. It's clearly never been out of its box but runs very sweetly. The shunters truck is from TMC (also a bit of a bargain at a moment).

Skyline2uk

I've been tried to edit this to rotate the picture but no luck!
Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Skyline2uk

@Railwaygun thank you for trying, I have long since given up with photos taken with iPhone.

As with some many things "computer" related, it's needlessly complicated and shouldn't be so annoying!

Skyline2uk

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations