Translator

Started by Bealman, November 13, 2013, 10:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Is there such a thing as an app or program that can translate languages? Since my recent trip to Miniatur Wunderland in Hamburg, the send me newsletters by email, but they're all in German, which unfortunately I don't speak!  :confused2:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

scotsoft

You could copy the contents of the email into Word and use the translator in Word.
Highlight some text hen right click on the highlighted text and the translate is on that menu.

or

You can use Google by highlighting all the text and right click to get the menu.

cheers John.

Bealman

Cheers, John - I'll give it a go!   :thankyousign:

trainsdownunder

Reckon we need to meet up George and give you a few lessons. John's suggestion should sort you out. If not type translate from German to English (don't think it recognises Australian) into Google and there are several options available.

Google Chrome has a "Offer to translate" option under the advanced settings that can be set.

Ask if help needed

Colin

Bealman

Cheers mate. I consider meself reasonably up on computers but don't spend a lot of time worrying about the latest "app".

Sometimes I think I react too quickly 'cos if I study the email long enough in conjunction with the pictures, I almost have it sorted!

ozzie Bill.

use http://www.babelfish.com/ it tends to give better translations. cheers, Bill

Bealman

Just had a quick go at that, ob.... it works! Well at least on the phrase I typed in.... ;D

ozzie Bill.

I am now wondering what you typed in!!!! Cheers, Bill.

Bealman

I have actually written both the English and German phrase I typed in Bill, and have it here.

Family forum!  :telloff: ;D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations