The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Q

Just the two of use and the dog who is keeping my feet warm at the moment.
We have no hot water or central heating, Friday I thought this is chilly, checked the thermostat and that showed heating on. Radiators though were cold.
Went to the boiler, flame failure indication, and error code F29.
Looked up F29,
Ignition transformer failure or no gas.
Went out to tank, opened cover, gauge say 0 Bar......
We're  on a top up contract, we should never run out...
Suppliers Avanti are on Easter holidays..
Email sent...
I am not a happy Easter bunny...

daffy

Quote from: The Q on April 02, 2018, 05:11:07 PM
Just the two of use and the dog who is keeping my feet warm at the moment.
We have no hot water or central heating, Friday I thought this is chilly, checked the thermostat and that showed heating on. Radiators though were cold.
Went to the boiler, flame failure indication, and error code F29.
Looked up F29,
Ignition transformer failure or no gas.
Went out to tank, opened cover, gauge say 0 Bar......
We're  on a top up contract, we should never run out...
Suppliers Avanti are on Easter holidays..
Email sent...
I am not a happy Easter bunny...

Is this a gas powered boiler?  :hmmm:

If so I came across this BBC news item this evening about a shortage of LPG affecting many customers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43619732
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

daveg

Sorry to read your lack of heat, Q.

That's a lot worse than not having hot water on tap.

Hope things get sorted PDQ!

Dave G

The Q

yep  My Gas is supplied by Avanti, their service centre didn't stay open over easter, I did get a reply pre written on 1st  of March, the pipeline was down for a couple of days, does it really take more than a month to catch up?

Newportnobby

Never mind angry with Evans Halshaw, I'm spitting feathers! :censored:
Yesterday the drivers side electric window on my Siesta packed up so, once they'd taken 5.40mins to answer the phone this morning, I spoke to the service dept.
Them:- "We'll need the car all day, sir"
Me:- "The car is 2½ years old so still under warranty. Will there be any charges?"
Them:- "If our investigation shows there is no manufacturers fault there will be a charge of £50 for the first 30 minutes"
Me:- "Are you suggesting it's driver error and I don't know how to operate an electric window? What else could it be but a fault with the car?"
Them:- "I understand what you are saying but we need to investigate"
Me:- "If you need the car all day I would have to ask a relative to collect me from your garage and bring me back much later. Do you collect the car?"
Them:- "Yes, but there would be a charge of £20"
Me:- "You're determined one way or another to get money out of me for what I consider to be a warranty repair but, forget it, I'll take it to my local garage as I'd rather pay them for a new window motor if necessary than pay you anything. Goodbye"

The MOT is due in September but as far as I am concerned the car is never going near Evans Halshaw again

Skyline2uk

Quote from: Newportnobby on April 06, 2018, 09:54:45 AM
Never mind angry with Evans Halshaw, I'm spitting feathers! :censored:
Yesterday the drivers side electric window on my Siesta packed up so, once they'd taken 5.40mins to answer the phone this morning, I spoke to the service dept.
Them:- "We'll need the car all day, sir"
Me:- "The car is 2½ years old so still under warranty. Will there be any charges?"
Them:- "If our investigation shows there is no manufacturers fault there will be a charge of £50 for the first 30 minutes"
Me:- "Are you suggesting it's driver error and I don't know how to operate an electric window? What else could it be but a fault with the car?"
Them:- "I understand what you are saying but we need to investigate"
Me:- "If you need the car all day I would have to ask a relative to collect me from your garage and bring me back much later. Do you collect the car?"
Them:- "Yes, but there would be a charge of £20"
Me:- "You're determined one way or another to get money out of me for what I consider to be a warranty repair but, forget it, I'll take it to my local garage as I'd rather pay them for a new window motor if necessary than pay you anything. Goodbye"

The MOT is due in September but as far as I am concerned the car is never going near Evans Halshaw again

How on Earth can a window motor be anything other than a manufacturing fault / failure before warranty period expires? What did you do Nobby, jump through the window "Dukes of Hazard" style?!

Stupid behaviour by dealer.

Hope doesn't cost too much, rather think it could be worth a formal complaint actually.

Skyline2uk

Yet_Another

It's a main dealership, NPN. All they want is your money.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

dannyboy

I often think that many companies are just too big to remember how they got so big - customers! My wife has an account with a catalogue company. Because of previous problems with them 'mucking about', we agreed that I would pay off the outstanding balance. I rang them a few minutes ago. As I am not the account holder, I expected various security questions, but what a palaver.  :'(. As I said to the lady, I wanted to give them money, "I need the date and amount of the last payment before I can accept your card details", Me: "Why?", Lady: "Because I can not take a payment without those details".  :goggleeyes:. I then had to hang up, get the details required and then ring them back. The account is now closed!  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Yet_Another on April 06, 2018, 10:02:14 AM
It's a main dealership, NPN. All they want is your money.

This I know, but approached them as the car is still under warranty to me :)

Caz

Had to have a window winder motor replaced on my ancient VW polo, cost an arm and a leg.   :(
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

dannyboy

Aw come on Caz, Mick is already in a bad mood - stop making it worse.

Mick, definitely worth a complaint to EH, with a copy to Ford Customer Relations?
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Caz

Quote from: dannyboy on April 06, 2018, 10:15:40 AM
Aw come on Caz, Mick is already in a bad mood - stop making it worse.

Mick, definitely worth a complaint to EH, with a copy to Ford Customer Relations?

At least I cheered him up with a spelling mistake elsewhere.    ::)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

daffy

@Newportnobby

Do you have another Ford dealership near you?  I see there is a Perrys in the NW. Worth a try.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

mickeyflinn

I don't know which branch of Evans Halshaw NPN went to, but I've nothing but praise for the one in Ashton-U-Lyne.
My daughters '64 reg Fiesta went into limp-home mode a few weeks ago, and although she hadn't bought it from them (but had a Ford used car warranty), they fixed it with no problems.
After plugging their diagnostic equipment in, they found 14 different faults - needed a new throttle pedal, new throttle solenoid on the engine side, and they found a chaffed cable that they think was the cause of all the problems. She says it now drives better than it did when she first got it.
Total cost, including courtesy car with full insurance for most of the 2 weeks they had it, £0.00. 

Newportnobby

Quote from: daffy on April 06, 2018, 10:51:19 AM
@Newportnobby

Do you have another Ford dealership near you?  I see there is a Perrys in the NW. Worth a try.

Thanks, Mike.
I've decided to go to Evans Halshaw on Monday in person and ask to see the Manager so he can tell what I have been doing wrong to knacker the window motor as it may not be a warranty issue. I will come away with an address for complaints to Head Orifice. Looking at the Perrys in the local area they seem to be used Ford only so may not take on my 'warranty' claim.

Quote from: mickeyflinn on April 06, 2018, 10:57:15 AM
I don't know which branch of Evans Halshaw NPN went to....

Happy to name and shame..............Preston.
Pleased you had good service

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations