i`d really like it if they did.......in n gauge

Started by matt-b, January 04, 2011, 05:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PostModN66

Quote from: EtchedPixels on October 27, 2014, 09:41:46 PM
Quote from: PostModN66 on October 27, 2014, 08:36:49 PM
R2 (10.5" radius) points - maybe with built in motors for fiddle yards

Fleischmann and Kato and a lot of other track systems are fairly close to this. it's one reason a chunk of my fiddleyard points are recycled Fleischmann I acquired

A 323 EMU

Been there done that ;)

Different tunnel mouths (i.e not just the same old Peco one)

Take a look at the German ones. The loading gauge is a bit larger which actually means that for 1:148 they look pretty much bang on, whereas US ones tend to look un-British and oversize.

Business park buildings

If you can find them then there is a very old Metcalfe set (from the days before they were pre-cut) of rather nice buildings in keeping for an older business park. The modern ones are generally enormous though, so you'd stick a Homebase on your layout and have no room for trains 8)

People dressed for summer (not in big thick coats with trilby hats)

No demand  :D More seriously some of the Presier and Tomix range does cover this quite well. While a lot of Tomix figures are quite Japanese there are some very useful ranges of swimmers and the like, a lovely set of chefs who would fit the Pullman rakes nicely, and a set that looks like it escaped from reservoir dogs (mine are going to be bouncers I think)

Alan
Thanks for all the above Alan,

I have got one of your 323 kits - just summoning up the courage to hack into my 170 donor vehicle!

I have also got some continental tunnel mouths from the second hand stall at the AGM (last year's) a bit of research has revealed they are from the Gotthard tunnel - I wonder how many people would spot that on a Pennine layout!

I will have a look for Fleischmann points. I know all about the Kato number 4s, having modified 17 of them for Lofthole to get Dapol 66s to run through them!

Cheers  Jon   :)

"We must conduct research and then accept the results. If they don't stand up to experimentation, Buddha's own words must be rejected." ― Dalai Lama XIV

My Postmodern Image Layouts

Lofthole http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14792.msg147178#msg147178

Deansmoor http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14741.msg146381#msg146381

Chinahand

Quote from: bridgiesimon on October 24, 2014, 06:10:33 PM
Surprised no mention of City of Truro, I would love to have one!! Would go for a Rocket if it appeared, even a 3D printed static one.

best wishes
Simon

I'm with you n that one Simon but the one thing I would really like is a little Sentinel shunter. Given the number of 00 models that are available I would have thought someone would have brought one out by now.  :hmmm:
Regards,
Trevor (aka Chinahand)
[smg id=2316]

steve836

Quote from: PostModN66 on October 27, 2014, 09:50:24 PM
Quote from: EtchedPixels on October 27, 2014, 09:41:46 PM

People dressed for summer (not in big thick coats with trilby hats)

No demand  :D More seriously some of the Presier and Tomix range does cover this quite well. While a lot of Tomix figures are quite Japanese there are some very useful ranges of swimmers and the like, a lovely set of chefs who would fit the Pullman rakes nicely, and a set that looks like it escaped from reservoir dogs (mine are going to be bouncers I think)

Alan
Thanks for all the above Alan,

The Noch range covers this too they even have one set (N36843 ) with figures which you can dress yourself!
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

steve836

Quote from: weave on October 27, 2014, 08:13:17 PM
Hi,

Might bore you all as continental but want one of these for my north west french port layout...

http://forum.e-train.fr/viewtopic.php?t=7623&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=rtg&start=15

SNCF Turbotrain. Presume HO and you need to scroll down a bit.

Did see one in N quickly (I think) at a meeting of the SNCF society about 3 years ago which I presumed scratch built, as never seen it advertised, but had to go due to work problems so never got to ask.

Cheers weave.

PS. Message to Pengi. We are owned by the supporters now and therefore you will need permission to make N figures of the mighty blues from me  ;)

Hope you're enjoying the dizzy heights......DON'T do a Portsmouth!  :no:

I prefer the DMU in Nikola's signature pic
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Bob Tidbury

chinahand if you mean the Sentinal Steam Shunter as at Quainton then P D Marsh do a kit it uses the old Farish power bogie  it comes with a cover for the motor but you can file the motor down and then pile coal on top.
Bob

Chinahand

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on October 28, 2014, 04:29:41 PM
chinahand if you mean the Sentinal Steam Shunter as at Quainton then P D Marsh do a kit it uses the old Farish power bogie  it comes with a cover for the motor but you can file the motor down and then pile coal on top.
Bob

Apart from the fact that those old GF chassis are as rare as hen's teeth the whole model is quite a bit out of scale. It's definitely time somebody brought out an N Gauge RTR one.
Regards,
Trevor (aka Chinahand)
[smg id=2316]

portland-docks

well where do i begin...this after i scanned both dapol and farishs' new catalogue!

i would like (please santa): -

LNER
N2
K1
K4
updated V2
Q7

LMS
Ivatt 4 Mogul
updated 8f

GWR
City Of Truro
1501 Pannier Tank
no 813 saddle tank

Southern
rebuilt bullied pacifics
Lord Nelsons
S15s
King Arthurs

Standards and others
Standard 4 4-6-0
9f Tyne Dock variant
2-10-0 WD

did i miss anything?

Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

talisman56

Quote from: portland-docks on October 28, 2014, 04:52:58 PM
well where do i begin...this after i scanned both dapol and farishs' new catalogue!

Southern
rebuilt bullied pacifics
Lord Nelsons
S15s
King Arthurs

did i miss anything?

Adams Radial
C2X
N15X
Q
U
W
Hornby (20001/02) and 20003
10201-03
Leader

Shrink-rayed 2BIL, 2HAL, 2EPB
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

longbridge

I'm easy, a few assorted 0-4-0 Steam locos wouldn't go astray the big blokes are well taken care of.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

FRED LEWIS

:hellosign: Hi all Fred here .
         What i would like are some mk1 and mk4 bogies, Bachmann do these as spares in oo wish thy done them in n gauge so we can up grade old coaches when fitting etched sides.
                                                                                Fred

Cutter

I second the N2, and how about an Atlantic, say an LNER C1? And a Stirling single would be fun.

I'd like locomotives that work, and that appear in the stores on schedule. I'd be willing to trade a little Dapol/Farish detail for some Union Mills robustness.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Chinahand on October 28, 2014, 04:35:59 PM
Bob

Apart from the fact that those old GF chassis are as rare as hen's teeth the whole model is quite a bit out of scale. It's definitely time somebody brought out an N Gauge RTR one.

Need to get back to it sometime, but I kind of lost the will to live after doing the bodyside rivets

Alan

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

4x2

Quote from: portland-docks on October 28, 2014, 04:52:58 PM

LNER
N2
K1
K4
updated V2
Q7

LMS
Ivatt 4 Mogul
updated 8f

GWR
City Of Truro
1501 Pannier Tank
no 813 saddle tank

Southern
rebuilt bullied pacifics
Lord Nelsons
S15s
King Arthurs

Standards and others
Standard 4 4-6-0
9f Tyne Dock variant
2-10-0 WD

did i miss anything?
Yep - S&D 7F  ;)
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

railsquid

Quote from: PostModN66 on October 27, 2014, 09:50:24 PM
I will have a look for Fleischmann points. I know all about the Kato number 4s, having modified 17 of them for Lofthole to get Dapol 66s to run through them!

Out of curiosity, what was the issue with the Kato #4s? I checked your layout thread which says "and all the points needed modding, as documented elsewhere", but haven't found the "elsewhere". My Dapol 58 has mastered them without any evident problems.

Chinahand

Quote from: EtchedPixels on October 29, 2014, 12:20:15 AM
Quote from: Chinahand on October 28, 2014, 04:35:59 PM
Bob

Need to get back to it sometime, but I kind of lost the will to live after doing the bodyside rivets

Alan

Please let me know when you do get back to it Alan.
Regards,
Trevor (aka Chinahand)
[smg id=2316]

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations