GF - Class 14 (Teddy Bear)

Started by port perran, December 01, 2012, 08:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

port perran

I have £60  to spend on something for Christmas.
I've always liked the Class 14s and every time I'm in the model shop I look at one then decide against it !
They don't quite fit in with my theme (although they are very close) but it's my layout and I can run what I like I suppose!
Any comments re their general running/performance? It might just sway me tomorrow !
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

upnick

I bought one of the  Class 14's green  in  weathered finish at a show & then sent it to  Digitrains for DCC  conversion  it runs beautifully  & i   would highly  reccomend it for anyone who wants a smaller engine but a bit more than an   08   ;)

The detail  is superb  it's only  drawback  to my eye the Rapido  type couplers but this is personal choice prefering  the knuckle type with trip  pins  (microtrains) 

I'd say go  for it you wont regret it especially if it's converted to  DCC   :claphappy:

4x2

Great looking locos and run really well, the pick ups may need a little tweeking occasionally - apart from that a great little loco !
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Newportnobby

Like Upnick, I have the weathered green one but only run DC.
The slow running and haulage is great.
My only (small) complaint is the weathering has been over egged a bit

bluedepot

BernardTPM

Quote from: port perran on December 01, 2012, 08:41:37 PMI've always liked the Class 14s and every time I'm in the model shop I look at one then decide against it !
They don't quite fit in with my theme (although they are very close)
Don't forget the majority of the class served as industrial shunters for many more years than they were ever in BR service, the largest users being NCB & British Steel.

koyli55002

I have one which runs so well I actually use it for testing - slow speed in particular is superb with very little of the "jerkiness" that sometimes shows up on such mechanisms

Adam1701D

I love the Farish 14 - a fine runner and really useful loco - particularly if you have an industrial setting.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

port perran

So.......bought the weathered version today.
Not quite right for my area/era but hey, I can run what I like and I've always liked the D95XXers.
Running in as we speak !

upnick

Quote from: port perran on December 02, 2012, 04:58:38 PM
So.......bought the weathered version today.
Not quite right for my area/era but hey, I can run what I like and I've always liked the D95XXers.
Running in as we speak !

Good for you sure you wont regret it   :D

port perran

Had it running on a pick up/local goods this evening. Looks good and runs really well - especially at low speed and with 5/6 wagons in tow.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations