Covid vaccine

Started by Newportnobby, November 19, 2020, 05:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Much is being made of the vaccine heading first towards the elderly, vulnerable and essential workers but I just hope in phase 3 testing (numbers in thousands as opposed to phase 2 hundreds) they test it on people already taking essential meds to see if there are adverse reactions. I'm on half a dozen prescription drugs per day and, believe me, a huge amount of over the counter medicine is just not available to me.
As far as I know this has not been considered in the headlong dash to get a vaccine out there :hmmm:

keithfre

I think a scientist recently said that vaccines don't generally interact with medical drugs.

keithfre

As regards 'headlong rush', there was an interesting item on Radio 4 PM just now: vaccine scientist in Cambridge said that in fact a lot of the time needed for vacccine development hitherto is spent on applying for funds, getting approval, getting enough trial subjects, then repeating that process. Those are all not issues this time: the funding is unlimited, regulators are fast-tracking approvals, and people are only too willing to sign up.

guest311

think I'll hold off on this till blondie gets it, and survives.

after the way this has been handled, wouldn't trust him and his lot to mow the lawn.

'we follow the scientific advice' becomes 'when it suits us'.

Flange Squeal

Here's what's known so far about possible side-effects from taking the Pfizer vaccine:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54986208
I think if you're worried about taking a covid vaccine, if and when it arrives, you should consult your GP. They'd be in a better position to properly advise you. Fortunately in the UK it's not the government that decides on drug safety, it's the MHRA which is independent.

guest311

I think we'd probably be better off if the people who can't be bothered to sanitise etc actually were made to.
went into Tescos this afternoon, needed to resupply on internal alchohol sanitiser, :beers: and while I was spraying my trolley handle and adding hand sanitiser to my hands, over ten ?adults? went straight into the store without any attempt to do so.
they then presumeably spread their germs around the store picking up and putting back items.

and don't even start me on NHS and care workers who wander the aisles in their work clothes.

oh for the days when they didn't wear their uniforms all the time, but changed when they came off the wards, or before they went onto them.

where did I put that internal sanitiser  :beers:

OffshoreAlan

No problem, it won't get to you in time anyway. It only lasts a few days once out of -50 storage and that time will all be taken up in the many lorry parks built for Brexit queues.

Snowwolflair

Its an RNA messenger so a chopped up piece of the virus and it is flushed from your body in three days, so no medicines or medical concoctions involved (not even eggs).

The only reaction anyone should get is the reaction the body would give if it saw the real thing, without the damaging effect.  So expect tiredness, headache and fever.

themadhippy

QuoteI think we'd probably be better off if the people who can't be bothered to sanitise etc actually were made to.
bring it on im waiting for your attempts.My view is sanitising and washing your hands  every time you get a speck of dust on them is making your natural immune system lazy.
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

guest311

I remember reading somewhere that some scientists had said that modern homes are TOO CLEAN, hence you don't come into contact with germs, and create natural dfences.

but re

mask - wash - space

it is part of the supposed defence against covid, but just more and more people can't be bothered, like the pratts who think it's ok to have a sixty person party in a small space.

unfortunately, it's probably not them who are going to get ill and die.

perhaps shops / supermarkets etc should man  up, forget for once profits, and say

'no sanitisation / spacing / mask etc - no entry'

like that is likely to happen. profits rule for these people.

guest311

I did wonder about one of the adverts on TV, supposedly a doctor, 'washing my hands after every patient really is causing them problems' ...

so I take it that normally they don't bother ?

no wonder so many people come out of hospitals with more wrong with them than when they went in !
:censored:

gc4946

I hope there'll be close monitoring of side effects once the vaccines become available.
It's alright undertaking phase 3 clinical trials which prove the efficacy and safety of those vaccines, but the real test is when the whole population gets those jabs.
So far, results are encouraging.
However the vaccines approved so far require two injections, spaced a few weeks apart, to achieve full immunity.
The winner in the vaccine race will be one that delivers efficacy, safety and immunity in one dose.
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

Newportnobby

Quote from: Snowwolflair on November 19, 2020, 06:56:22 PM
So expect tiredness, headache and fever.

Just a normal day in the life of an NGF Moderator, then :D

guest311

you know you wouldn't be without it  :hmmm:

themadhippy

Quoteperhaps shops / supermarkets etc should man  up, forget for once profits, and say

'no sanitisation / spacing / mask etc - no entry'
how do you suggest identifying those who've refused the vaccine? maybe a tattoo or a badge sewn to clothing?
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations