Lock down 2:- Project Stowford 009

Started by Ditape, November 04, 2020, 08:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ditape

With lockdown coming on us again, I Thought I would try some different, Stowford, this is my back story for the layout.

With the L&B being restored a consortium of the L&B, Exmoor Zoo and the Stowford Devon Cider Co Ltd (no relation to the brand with a similar name from Wales)decided a new link to the mainline to service the zoo and cider press would be a good plan. It would mean Rail travellers on the national network could access the zoo directly from Barnstable, via Blackmoor station on the original L&B line. As a sister company to the main L&B the Stowford line will run L&B stock and a assortment of locos and stock borrowed from other narrow gauge lines. So in my Covid secure world 2020 is the start of what I hope to be a successful union of the L&B and Exmoor Zoo/Stowford Cider with the intent of at least having some movements on the new line by Christmas.

I have had a busy day at the club I have built the 3 baseboards for Stowford, and surprisingly for me they are flat and square and fit together properly. I have a reputation as a wood butcher but this time things seem to have worked out, any way thanks to Dundas Models I have all I need to make a good start on the build, Lock Down here we come.

Diane Tape

Newportnobby

Good luck with the build. You have until Dec 2nd to finish the layout (unless we hear differently in the meantime) :D

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

joe cassidy

Is Stowford  near Ivybridge ?

I ask the question because I used to work for a company that had a paper mill called Stowford Mill in Harford  Road, Ivybridge.

Ditape

Quote from: joe cassidy on November 05, 2020, 11:26:26 AM
Is Stowford  near Ivybridge ?

I ask the question because I used to work for a company that had a paper mill called Stowford Mill in Harford  Road, Ivybridge.

It is South Stowford believe it or not it is north of the Stowford near Ivybridge near Barnstable it is the home of the Exmoor Zoo, Exmoor Zoological Park,
South Stowford, Bratton Fleming, Barnstaple, North Devon.
Diane Tape

Ditape

Stowford Day 2, Lock down day 1, Stowford's boards linked together and surfaced with cork.

Diane Tape

Ditape

Stowford day 3, Lockdown day 2 :- Layout mocked up ready to start the build.

Diane Tape

port perran

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Ditape

Stowford day 4, Lock down day 3, track laying has commenced 2 roads of the fiddle yard laid.

Diane Tape

Ditape

Stowford day 5, lock down day 4, a little change of pace today, I have had a go at the little open wagon kit which came with my 009 Society welcome pack. It went together very well and I think compares well with the RTR van next to it.

Diane Tape

Ditape

Stowford ,Day 6, Lock down Day 5, Back to track laying to day, track laying on the right hand board is now complete and I have installed  WiT style operation on one point.

Diane Tape

Ditape

Stowford day 7 lockdown day 6:- both points on board 3 (right hand board) are now working with my version of wire in tube (using brass  telescope type tubes) and the power droppers are in place, board 3 is now waiting on the arrival of switches for completion.

Diane Tape

Ditape

Stowford day 8, Lockdown day 7, A quick stock check to day of the available stock for the Stowford line.

Diane Tape

Ditape

Stowford Day 9 Lockdown Day 8, Track laying on the centre board has commenced.

Diane Tape

Phoenix

Hi Diane,

Hope all is well with you, and what great progress you are making  :D :thumbsup: :D

I'm looking forward to following this layout (as with your other layouts ..... you do go at a cracking pace  ;) ) as Stowford is my drink of choice when we used to go to pubs, and Yay, I'm not the only one here working with 009 !

With all best wishes

Kevin

:beers:

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations