For all speed freaks out there

Started by Newportnobby, February 22, 2012, 01:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim-pelican

Quote from: polo2k on February 23, 2012, 03:22:29 PM
[Devils advocate] Im sure they would say that playing with little trains is pointless too! [/devils advocate]

I deeply hope so.  I'd be worried if I was doing something productive with my spare time ;)

Newportnobby

Guys - I put the thread up for a bit of fun but am starting to wish I hadn't as it has developed into a bit of a weeing contest. As Monty Python said once "Let's not talk about who's done what to whom"
It's about as pointless as debating who is thought to be the best F1 driver or MotoGP rider. We can all argue the point until the cows go home (do they go home ???) and some obviously have strong opinions about the prowess or not of the driver concerned. The fact is the vid showed some great precision driving but that's all it was there for. I really don't care if it was Fred Bloggs or Nora Batty.
Please let's leave it at that or my finger will be hovering over the delete button. I thank you :wave:

Sprintex

That's a bit extreme isn't it?  ???

I thought it had developed into a healthy, interesting yet friendly discussion on different forms of motorsport and their various merits? No-one has thrown the toys out of the pram as far as I can see, and nor are they likely to at the moment  :)

Very informative post Ash - thanks  :thumbsup:

Paul

polo2k

My toys are firmly in the pram (Sorry if it came across wrong)
I do love showing people these sorts of videos as the skills are often ignored and I think many of these people deserve the recognition.

:beers: :beers: :beers: :beers:
Cheers
-Ash-

The only way to guarantee failure, is not to try

scotsoft

Quote from: newportnobby on February 22, 2012, 01:01:54 PM
How long do your car tyres last? Incredible control :o

A bit like going for a pint of milk on a Sunday morning  :smiley-laughing:  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Sprintex on February 23, 2012, 04:19:30 PM
That's a bit extreme isn't it?  ???

I thought it had developed into a healthy, interesting yet friendly discussion on different forms of motorsport and their various merits? No-one has thrown the toys out of the pram as far as I can see, and nor are they likely to at the moment  :)

Very informative post Ash - thanks  :thumbsup:

Paul

Paul - I have absolutely no issue about discussions on different forms of motorsport and their merits, and would quite happily enter into such a discussion myself. What I am trying to get over is that debates about who is the better driver are pointless and take the discussion nowhere. Where's the point in that ??? (Please don't anyone post a thread about which is the best football/rugby/cricket etc team ::)) At no point did I say anyone had thrown their toys out of the pram - all I said is that the forum is not the place for a peeing contest. I am sure you can agree with me on that, at least.

polo2k

Any way... can I post some other motorsport/ general nuttyness videos to keep the thread alive?
Cheers
-Ash-

Newportnobby

Quote from: polo2k on February 23, 2012, 09:31:38 PM
Any way... can I post some other motorsport/ general nuttyness videos to keep the thread alive?

Post away, sir :thumbsup:

4x2

Quote from: newportnobby on February 23, 2012, 09:44:33 PM
Quote from: polo2k on February 23, 2012, 09:31:38 PM

Post away, sir :thumbsup:
Been saving this for just such an occasion....

WICKED 150 LBS BOOST DIESEL PRO MOD PULLER

and one of my favorites....

Climb Dance (High Quality)
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Calnefoxile

Aaaahhhhh Ari Vatenen, now there's a man who can drive.......

How chuffing close does he get to the edge of that mountain  :o :o :o and at that speed as well......Not to mention the blinding sun streaming in through the windscreen, and he puts his foot down  ::) ::)

WOW!!!!!

Regards

Neal.

P.S. Preferred him when he was in the RSMexico though  ;D ;D

polo2k

Cheers
-Ash-

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23