Civil unrest in Leyland, Lancashire

Started by Newportnobby, February 18, 2012, 12:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Several motorists were caught up in a road rage incident at a traffic island in Leyland last night. Leyland council's reaction was considered slightly OTT

Jack

With the price of fuel and the mpg (or more like gpm) of those things, the local council have probably run out of funds to move it!! :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Jack
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

Tank

poliss

Are the tracks held together with staples, like the ones on my Airfix Centurion?

Sprintex

Could do with bringing out a few more of them next time a bunch of brainless idiots decide to go on the rampage just to get a free telly, bit difficult to re-offend when you're scattered all over the high street!  >:(

Paul

Dock Shunter

I'd been wondering what Cloughie was up to...... ;D

moogle

Quote from: Dock Shunter on February 18, 2012, 01:38:38 PM
I'd been wondering what Cloughie was up to...... ;D

OMG! Does that mean the Leyland Posse have now gone militant?  :smiley-laughing:
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

poliss

Please keep politics off the forum Sprintex.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Tank on February 18, 2012, 01:07:15 PM
I'm in love!   ;D

I thought that might make you drool a bit :smiley-laughing:
It is actually parked near Centurion Way, and from the other side there;'s a big sign stating 'Made in Leyland'.
The Leyland Massive reckon it's well cool ;D

Sprintex

Quote from: poliss on February 18, 2012, 04:15:57 PM
Please keep politics off the forum Sprintex.

Nothing political about it, especially where I'm concerned as I have no interest in politics whatsoever! Merely social comment on criminality the same as people would make on here if someone was unlucky enough to post that their house/shed had been broken into and railway items damaged or taken  ;)

There are far more politically-motivated postings than mine in the Angry Thread, some of them from our very own Moderators  :smiley-laughing:

Paul

poliss

It's obvious what you were referring to in your post Sprintex. It's politics and I don't want to read about it on a model railway forum.

davieb

hi all  :wave:

as newportnobby said it's next to a traffic island  ???

which just happens to be one of the bussiest in the area  :o

the number of accidents in the first week of it being there was unbelievable i saw at least 6 and i don't go past that often  ::)

it's not too bad now people have become used to it being there  :)

dave  :thumbsup:

edwin_m

Am I allowed to speculate if it was built by British Leyland and that's as far as it got before it broke down? 

davieb

Quote from: edwin_m on February 18, 2012, 09:13:12 PM
Am I allowed to speculate if it was built by British Leyland and that's as far as it got before it broke down? 

:smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :evil:

i always thought they put the tank there to sort out the giant mole problem that Leyland suffered from last year  ???  ;D

it must have worked as the molehills have gone now

dave  :thumbsup:

Fratton

it can be funny driving to Gaugemaster in ford and passing ford airfield market where they have what the locals merely call "the plane on a pole" its a royal navy hunter mounted in a kind of take off pose but with gear already up and airbrake down pose 25 ft off the ground you always see that little wiggle or brake usage when someone see's it for the first time,,,,

Charlie.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations