Unusual enquiry regarding London buses

Started by Bornin1980something, October 04, 2017, 04:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bornin1980something

For the last two years, my layout has had a display of classic buses on it. For this year, however, I'm planning to turn the display over mainly to fire engines, in a tribute to firefighters at Grenfell. For this display, I am thinking of adding an old London bus. Now, which of the current Oxford range most resemble the buses used in the Kensington area?

daffy

Routes 9, 10 and 11 (among others) all run in Kensington , all well illustrated in Google images under 'Kensington bus' showing Routemasters and modern buses on those routes over the years, if that helps.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

daffy

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Buzzard

Quote from: Bornin1980something on October 04, 2017, 04:17:30 PM
For the last two years, my layout has had a display of classic buses on it. For this year, however, I'm planning to turn the display over mainly to fire engines, in a tribute to firefighters at Grenfell. For this display, I am thinking of adding an old London bus. Now, which of the current Oxford range most resemble the buses used in the Kensington area?

Your only choices seem to be:

NNR003
NRM005

Both iconic in their own way and both showing details for route 9 which does pass through Kensington, albeit south of the Grenfell Tower area.

javlinfaw7

N-Trains forth coming Enviro 400 is also used in this area

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations