Cheap laser printer

Started by Bikeracer, December 27, 2012, 11:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bikeracer

If anyone is wanting a cheap colour laser printer,I came across this offer..
http://www.printerland.co.uk/OKI-C301dn-P122971.aspx

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

MikeDunn

Hi Allan,

I've Googled, but not found a single review ... ...  ???

AndyGif

Check the cost of the consumables, toner cartridges etc,
On the link to the one youve found black is £45 and the 3 colours are £48 each plus vat of course.
Your £90 printer isnt so cheap when it needs refueling in 6 months time

daveg

Quote from: AndyGif on December 27, 2012, 11:49:47 AM
On the link to the one youve found black is £45 and the 3 colours are £48 each plus vat of course.

Yup, that's the main problem. Almost as bad though is the photo colour inks (non fade) for the 'decent' IJ's. Despite that I'll stick with my Epson for the time being.

Dave G

Bikeracer

No point choosing a printer if the cost of toner/ink cartridges is your main criteria,because nobody would buy one.
It comes with 750 page starter toner cartridges and a three year warranty and I just thought it was a good buy.

Allan

Bikeracer

Quote from: MikeDunn on December 27, 2012, 11:39:35 AM
Hi Allan,

I've Googled, but not found a single review ... ...  ???
Hi Mike,

I don't think I did either,but OKI seem to have a good name in the printer world.

Allan

AndyGif

Quote from: Bikeracer on December 27, 2012, 01:46:59 PM
No point choosing a printer if the cost of toner/ink cartridges is your main criteria,because nobody would buy one.
It comes with 750 page starter toner cartridges and a three year warranty and I just thought it was a good buy.

Allan
Indeed not, but 750 pages is not a lot a ream and a half of paper in fact. The standard cartridges do 2000 pages. So they get you to buy replacements early to offset the cost of the printer.
Oki are a good brand so you should be ok.

Newportnobby

We have an OKI at work that takes quite a pounding.
Reproduction is very good but the toner cartridges are quite expensive and sometimes difficult to source.
Dunno about their domestic printers though ???

Bikeracer

Thought perhaps I ought to mention here that not all printers are compatible with the Mac operating system,the one at the start of this post isn't and the Canon I gave away wasn't.
I didn't buy that OKI printer because of not working with my Mac.

Because I didn't get myself anything for Christmas and my birthday is in January I've treated myself to one of the OKI office grade printers.

Allan

Pengi

Quote from: Bikeracer on December 29, 2012, 03:21:58 PM
Thought perhaps I ought to mention here that not all printers are compatible with the Mac operating system,the one at the start of this post isn't and the Canon I gave away wasn't.
I didn't buy that OKI printer because of not working with my Mac.

Because I didn't get myself anything for Christmas and my birthday is in January I've treated myself to one of the OKI office grade printers.

Allan

Let me know how you get on with it - I have been toying for sometime with getting a colour laser (am Mac user too)
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations