Green Minitrix Ivatt 2-6-0

Started by Cooper, September 15, 2015, 11:21:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooper

I'm after a bit of help. I have 2 N Gauge locos to sell for the widow of a work colleague who passed away suddenly. The Farish DP1 is easy to price, but I have a Minitrix Ivatt 2-6-0 in Green and I have little idea what they sell for. I suspect it is a fair bit less than this listing:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MINITRIX-N-Scale-2038-RARE-GREEN-2-6-0-Ivatt-Tender-FABULOUS-Runner-MINT-BOXED-/181786165904

I have no real experience of Steam outline models in N, let alone Minitrix. Any help would be gratefully received before I advertise it.

Here is a picture: 

I've test run it and it runs a treat, as I understand Minitrix always do!

Dr Al

These are rarer than the black versions, and therefore will command a better price, but with the release of the Farish 2MT I think this will be lower than in the past.

Something around £40 would seem reasonable - possibly as much as £50 on a good day with the wind behind it on ebay.

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Cooper

Thank you for the reply Dr Al. I'll put it on the N'porium around that mark then. :thumbsup:

BramptonBranch

Well there's one on eBay for £175 plus £7.50 postage any takers!!
You can never have to many Warships!

Cooper

I think that one should be on the E Bay madness thread. The one I had went to a member on here for an honest price and will hopefully see lots of future use!

Dr Al

Quote from: Cooper on September 20, 2015, 08:33:03 PM
I think that one should be on the E Bay madness thread. The one I had went to a member on here for an honest price and will hopefully see lots of future use!

That's why the ebay one is "on ebay" still as opposed to "sold on ebay"....!

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations