What the heck am I doing?

Started by Newportnobby, November 09, 2011, 03:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4x2

Quote from: newportnobby on November 09, 2011, 03:01:03 PM
How many times has anyone walked into a room and then stood there thinking "What did I come in here for?"
How many others have made a mug of coffee and put it in the fridge and then hunted for the mug?
How many of us have walked into the bathroom and thrown dirty laundry into the toilet instead of the laundry basket (not me, this one)

We have all, no doubt, experienced some unintentional 'male chicken' (changed by forum) up due to our brains not functioning properly at the time.

Have you got any we can all have a laugh at, not with any evil in us, but because we have been there ourselves ??? ::) :o :smiley-laughing:
You should rename this the 'D'OH !' thread !
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Mustermark

I was rather perturbed to find an open bottle of milk in the kitchen cupboard.  ???  Puzzled over this, I went to put it in the fridge where it should be only to find the sugar bowl sitting in the fridge. :o

Then I realized the last thing I had done in the kitchen was to make a cup of tea.  ::)

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Sprintex

Quote from: 4x2ybecauseican on November 09, 2011, 08:28:23 PM
beans in the bin, tin in the pan... Need i say more ?  :smiley-laughing:

Or as my father-in-law did, spend ages making the perfect gravy the proper way, only to strain it over the sink (rather than a bowl) and watch your perfect gravy slide down the plughole and leave the lumps you don't want in the sieve . . .  :smiley-laughing:

Paul

Newportnobby

Quote from: oldrailbug on November 09, 2011, 07:48:09 PM
i'm always sticking my underpants on back the front, thankfully have got bad enough to wear them on my head yet.

When you do, remember to put 2 knitting needles up your nose and say "Wibble" (Captain Slackbladder final series) :smiley-laughing:

SymonC

I think most people have done the going upstairs for something and then forgetting what it was! (Haven't we?)

I made a pot of tea for my wife, myself and my daughter and carried it through into the lounge.

I had boiled the kettle but when I went to pour the tea out I had not only forgotten to put any tea bags in the teapot but I'd also forgotten the water! (At least I'd remember to boil the kettle!)

My mum once put a jar of pickle in the bread bin and instead of putting the ice-cream back in the fridge she put it in the oven!

Griffo

It's not just "old age"! Driving my six year old son to school last week he suddenly decided that he had forgotten his school bag. I of course, being a caring parent, berated his carelessness and turned around to drive back home. His next sentence will live with me forever ......

" It's worse than I thought Dad. I haven't got any shoes on either".

I'm blaming genetics. Mostly his mothers'.

Newportnobby

Quote from: griffo49 on November 09, 2011, 09:33:11 PM
It's not just "old age"! Driving my six year old son to school last week he suddenly decided that he had forgotten his school bag. I of course, being a caring parent, berated his carelessness and turned around to drive back home. His next sentence will live with me forever ......

" It's worse than I thought Dad. I haven't got any shoes on either".

I'm blaming genetics. Mostly his mothers'.

Cracker :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: It's good to know it's not necessarily an age thing :smiley-laughing:

Pete Mc

Can't remember anything off the top of my head here,but I have one or two alcohol induced bouts of empty headedness.
Anyone have any of these as well?
Pete
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £75.23
Below Goal: £24.77
Site Currency: GBP
75% 
April Donations