What the heck am I doing?

Started by Newportnobby, November 09, 2011, 03:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

How many times has anyone walked into a room and then stood there thinking "What did I come in here for?"
How many others have made a mug of coffee and put it in the fridge and then hunted for the mug?
How many of us have walked into the bathroom and thrown dirty laundry into the toilet instead of the laundry basket (not me, this one)

We have all, no doubt, experienced some unintentional 'male chicken' (changed by forum) up due to our brains not functioning properly at the time.

Have you got any we can all have a laugh at, not with any evil in us, but because we have been there ourselves ??? ::) :o :smiley-laughing:

Paul B

Not quite throwing dirty laundry into the toilet, but, quite a large number of years ago, I remember going to have a bath. I stripped off (not a pretty sight!) and piled my clothes up - while doing this, I wondered where my socks were, but didn't think anything of it...

...when I got in the bath, I found out where my socks were - I was still wearing them! At least I could've washed them while I was in there...
LNER and PKP fan in the home of the GWR!

MinZaPint

Well watching telly having had supper, went and poured a whisky and Canada dry, back into lounge and put it down beside the one I'd poured earlier, I was able to cope with the problem before HID noticed!
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Jellicoe

This thing about forgetting why you went into a room is clearly altitude related.  It only happens to me when I go upstairs for something, never when I come down.

Sprintex

Quote from: newportnobby on November 09, 2011, 03:01:03 PM
How many of us have walked into the bathroom and thrown dirty laundry into the toilet instead of the laundry basket (not me, this one)

Nope, it was me and I admit it!  :smiley-laughing:

Always doing the "going upstairs then forgetting what I went up for when I get there" thing, if this is what happens at 42 what am I going to be like when I'm 62??  :-\

The misses (who's Scottish) calls me "sieve-heed"  ;D

Paul

Newportnobby

Quote from: Jellicoe on November 09, 2011, 03:48:09 PM
This thing about forgetting why you went into a room is clearly altitude related.  It only happens to me when I go upstairs for something, never when I come down.

I can't quite go along with that theory as I live in a bungalow.
My mum used to make a thermos flask of hot water to take to her workplace at the same time as she made a cup of coffee. I watched in stitches while she very carefully placed the mug of coffee in her bag and put the full flask of hot water back into a cupboard.
Thinking about it, there is a coffee theme running in my family ??? :o

jonclox

When we had our jewellers shop during the 1960/70/80s my mother would spend hours searching the shop for her glasses.......even to the point of apologising to customers for not being able to serve them because of her bad eye sight.
My father, some customers and sales reps. would laugh and explain to customers the she was always loosing the things. It often took her an hour of searching before she would see us laughing, look in a mirror and realise she had been wearing them all the time even if they were usually just raised up onto her forehead.  ::)
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

scotsoft

Quote from: Sprintex on November 09, 2011, 04:11:40 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on November 09, 2011, 03:01:03 PM

The misses (who's Scottish) calls me "sieve-heed"  ;D

Paul

...and she sounds like a fine well brought up woman  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

My worst experience was not my fault, I had been given some new medication by my GP and had serious side effects with it.  The least of them was they caused me to have no short term memory (recovered now).
I went into the bathrrom and had my shower, dried myself off then found myself standing under the shower again having forgotten I had just had one  ???  My GP took me straight off them when I remembered to tell him  ::)

John.

tadpole

Never mind 'male chicken' (changed by forum)-ups within the house, I once went in to town with a bag of stuff to return to M&S* for the missus. Spent a pleasant couple of hours wandering around Waterstones*, WH Smith*, HMV*, maybe even the pub*.  It was just after I'd dropped my coins into the farebox on the bus* home, that I realised I still had the Markies bag.

*Other retailers/booze outlets/modes of transport are available.
Two rails good. Three better.

poliss

Alex

Hi,

My worst experience was last year. I had a job to go to in Aberdeen. Set out from Fife in the early morning and ended up on the A9 heading towards Inverness.

Oooooops  ::)

Alex

Bikeracer

I've been known to start washing my face whilst sitting in the bath then realising I've still got my specs on. ;D

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Newportnobby

I also remember one morning spraying my armpits with my wife's hairspray instead of deodorant, but that could be the result of an extremely heavy drinking session the night before :beers:

longbridge

i'm always sticking my underpants on back the front, thankfully have got bad enough to wear them on my head yet.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

4x2

beans in the bin, tin in the pan... Need i say more ?  :smiley-laughing:
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations