Sydney siege

Started by GroupC, December 15, 2014, 04:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GroupC

Very disturbing news from down under - thoughts to everyone there, whether involved or not. Like many others on here I'm sure, I have relatives in Sydney and they and anyone else, whether family, friends, colleagues, NGF members and so on all have my best wishes at this shocking time.

It all looks to be over now, many many thanks to the Australian Police and armed forces for a job done courageously and professionally.

This kind of terrible thing, regardless of motive, location, protagonists or "causes", has to stop.

Yours emotionally, GroupC.

JonHarbour

My office is just around the corner from where this happened - about 500m away. We weren't in any danger as such but we were locked down in our office for much of the day. Feeling very sorry for those poor two individuals who had their lives taken from them and for their families.
Still planning a layout...

Bob Tidbury

I send my condolences to the families who lost thier loved ones in the siege and feel so sad that at this time of joy and happiness that something like this happened ,but unfortunately we have to take action against these terrorists we can't let them win and it could have been a lot worse if the police didn't take action , we don't know what might have happened.
Bob

Bealman

I am relieved to hear that you are OK, JonHarbour. We obviously both know the location very well. My own daughter works nearby, but thankfully was here with me in Wollongong for her sister's university graduation.

A sad affair, for sure.... the two hostages who lost their lives were so young and talented.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations