Mid Life Crisis or an exscuse to spend money.

Started by Geoff, December 12, 2014, 11:46:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff

I am trying to think how many mid life crisis I have ever had, the list just goes on, do you ever get the urge to go and buy something you know nothing about.

I have bought Motor Bikes, Keyboards, Guitar, water ski's, more computers than I can mention, a share in a speed boat now sunk at the bottom of somewhere and not by me lol, The list goes on.

So whats been in your mid life crisis?

Oops forgot the 4 cameras I have.
Geoff

FeelixTC

petercharlesfagg

I think I had one some years ago but I was in a crisis at the time!

The old age crisis is worse! 

You have been warned!
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

railsquid

After many years of comparatively frugal living, I noticed I've got a fair sum of money sitting in various bank accounts which is only making bankers happy, so before they blow it all on narcotics and persons of dubious morality, I'm diverting some of it to support the railway modelling industry.

petercharlesfagg

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: Only Me on December 12, 2014, 12:53:13 PM
A non forum reader! (I hope)!! But i meant as in being married twice lol :)

Exclusive club, me too!

railsquid

Luke Piewalker

I don't think I'll be able to afford a midlife crisis...

cycletrak9

Quote from: railsquid on December 12, 2014, 01:05:54 PM

A non forum reader! (I hope)!! But i meant as in being married twice lol :)

Exclusive club, me too!
[/quote]

Been there, done that...

Been there done that ........[ X 3]

cycletrak9

Nobby, I believe that divorce lawyers refer to second and subsequent marriages as "The triumph of Hope over Experience"

In my case it was very definitely third time lucky as we will celebrate thirty years this time next year.

lil chris

I'm not complaining about my second wife and we have been happily together over 30 years too, you don't get that for murder...... :no:
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

Newportnobby

Quote from: cycletrak9 on December 12, 2014, 04:35:11 PM
Nobby, I believe that divorce lawyers refer to second and subsequent marriages as "The triumph of Hope over Experience"

In my case it was very definitely third time lucky as we will celebrate thirty years this time next year.

I don't even want to consider a fourth :no:
Experience tells me there's no hope of triumphing :laugh:

trainsdownunder

Maybe we should rename thread Mid WIFE Crisis.

Currently on my third on the basis third time lucky. All great after 6 years and successful emigration to Australia, though that might be cos we left 4 daughters (my twins & Penny's 2)  back in the UK.

Up till then didn't need to wait for Mid Life started the crisis back in my teens.  :P

cycletrak9

"When we got to 28 years I racked my brain trying to remember when I'd broken four mirrors" - Les Dawson, I think.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations