Do you ever get the urge?

Started by Geoff, June 01, 2014, 09:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff

Well my garden was looking very sad, for the last 10 years I have had lime stone pebbles down and over the years the weather has taken its toll and i thought to myself this has to change, it took me 4 days to take up the pebbles over 2 tons of them, and lay turf in its place, talk about aches and pains is not in it, I have 2 grown lads living at home and not one of them offered to help, but now its all finished and I can take pride in what I have achieved, but to tell you the truth I did it for my grand son so he has a safe play area when he gets older, well the last week wehave had plenty of rain and it looks like the turf has taken, so now I can get on with my model railway.

Sorry for the rant..

Happy Days
Geoff

Caz

Quote from: Geoff on June 01, 2014, 09:03:22 AM
I have 2 grown lads living at home and not one of them offered to help,

Sorry for the rant..

Happy Days

Well done Geoff on your efforts to make a nice area for you grandson, if they'd have been my lads, they would have helped whether they wanted to or not, selfish  :censored:   :veryangry: :veryangry:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Geoff

Quote from: whiteswan on June 01, 2014, 09:33:11 AM

Sorry for the rant..

Happy Days

Well done Geoff on your efforts to make a nice area for you grandson, if they'd have been my lads, they would have helped whether they wanted to or not, selfish  :censored:   :veryangry: :veryangry:

To tell you I was fuming but glad it is a nice area, and with them not helping me as got me thinking, my pension has come in short what it was supposed to so after a disgussion with my wife we are going to use the house to help us out in retirement, might just make the lads think only if I helped, last laugh on me.
Geoff

Sprintex

Do I ever get the urge to do gardening? :hmmm:

Err . . . NO!! Never  :no: :D

Paul

Dorsetmike

I gave up on grass years ago, it needs mowing periodically, why make more work for yourself? The time spent mowing would be far better applied to modelling.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Geoff

I need to keep fit in my older years, and I have bought a lawn mower you push on purpose none of this Flymo rubbish haha.
Geoff

joe cassidy

To tell you I was fuming but glad it is a nice area, and with them not helping me as got me thinking, my pension has come in short what it was supposed to so after a disgussion with my wife we are going to use the house to help us out in retirement, might just make the lads think only if I helped, last laugh on me.

Reminds me of the scene in the film 'Looking for Eric' where the hero gets fed up cooking, cleaning, etc. for his two lazy sons and so eats a slap up steak dinner in front of them. Great film !

Best regards,

Joe

Malc

I got the urge once, but the missus gave me a clip round the ear. That sorted it out.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Ray Haddad

The boys would help or starve. Easy.
I exclusively model the WSMF Railroad.

Newportnobby

I'm still not sure what the title of the thread means, Geoff :-\

(a) Do I get the urge to do any gardening? No - my garden is maintenance free other than maybe pressure washing slabs :)

(b) Is the urge to kick the lazy sods out of the house for not helping? Maybe threaten at least >:D

(c) Is the urge to cut the lazy sods out of the will? See (b) >:D >:D

(d) My urge would be when laying sods to make sure those 2 would have been part of the garden (with their bums sticking up so you could park the push bike you'll be buying to keep fit in your 'senior' age)

(e) Any other urge is quelled just by thinking about my ex :dighole: :goodbye:

Geoff

:laughabovepost:

Well the youngest one is a protected species if I even talk to him the wife wants to know if I have hurt his feelings sometimes its like walking on egg shells...
Geoff

Paul B

I do sometimes get the urge...

...but I sit down with a cup of tea and wait until it passes...   :D
LNER and PKP fan in the home of the GWR!

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations