Total Wipeout

Started by Newportnobby, September 20, 2011, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Am I alone in thinking this was/is one of the funniest shows on UK TV?? Slapstick at it's best. It could do without Richard Hammond, but it reminds me so much of the old Jeux Sans Frontieres with dear old Stuart Hall. :smiley-laughing: Perhaps there is still a kiddie lurking in this old shell of mine :o

poliss

The old Eddie Waring joke. "Welcome to Shoou San...Juex Sons....Zhu Sun.....It's a Knockout."

upnick

Who can forget the Norwegians playing their joker   ;D

Tank

I watched the first two series when they started on Sky and laughed very hard!  Then became a bit bored of it, and yes, Hammond gets on my nerves now, especially with his hair styles. ::)

poliss

Did you know that when Hammond is commentating on it he isn't even in the same continent?

Tank

poliss

Ok then Mr. Tank, do you know which continents they are?  ;D

Tank

:smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Filmed in South America (Argentina I believe).  And I'm guessing Hammond must be in Europe?!

poliss

Close, Brazil and London as I recall.

Adam1701D

Total Wipeout leaves me cold, I'm afraid.

I loved It's a Knockout...the only thing that comes close is Takeshi's Castle. Pure Japanese insanity with the added bonus of a risque commentary from Craig Charles  :thumbsup:
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Dock Shunter

It's a Knockout and Jeux Sans Frontieres bring back happy memories for me.... ;D
Who could forget the Giants running down the course swaying and falling over like they had
had a skin full..... ;D
And Stuart Hall's Laugh..... :smiley-laughing:

Tank

Quote from: poliss on September 20, 2011, 08:45:51 PM
Close, Brazil and London as I recall.

I got both continents right then!  I win!   ;D ;)  What's the prize, a new loco?!?!?! :thumbsup:

poliss

You win a night out with Richard Hammond.  :evil:

davieb

Quote from: poliss on September 20, 2011, 10:43:47 PM
You win a night out with Richard Hammond.  :evil:

yep and he's driving  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  ;D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP