1mm Plasticard.

Started by Oldman, April 15, 2013, 05:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

The answer will probably be No but I'll ask anyway.
Can you buy it  in Brick coloured A4 sheets at a reasonably price?
I do not want it embossed.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

MikeDunn

Why not clean a sheet carefully and then print onto it using the Scalescenes brick using an inkjet ?  If need be, prep with a primer to let the ink mate ?

Mike

red_death

Or print scalescenes brick paper onto an A4 sticky label and then stick that to the plasticard.

Cheers, Mike

Mustermark

Quote from: red_death on April 15, 2013, 05:29:30 PM
Or print scalescenes brick paper onto an A4 sticky label and then stick that to the plasticard.

That's what I do.  I use full sheet Avery "Inkjet" shipping labels and they are really good, pretty tough and very sticky.

You can get brownish-red plasticard.  I bought some a couple of weeks ago.  I decided the plain colour wasn't a good enough visual texture and went for the print-on-label Scalescenes texture and stick-on option.

I have never tried printing directly onto plasticard, but I doubt 1mm thick stuff would go through my printer!

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Oldman

Don't want to go the stick and print route.
The detail  won't be that visible.
Was just an idea to save having to colour lots of edges when I redo the brick kiln in plastic and try to do inside the the main structure. Probably won't be able to see inside but I know it will be there.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

H

Quote from: Oldman on April 15, 2013, 06:50:00 PM

Was just an idea to save having to colour lots of edges when I redo the brick kiln in plastic and try to do inside the the main structure.

How about spraying the completed structure with an appropriate colour Halfords car aerosol - very quick, easy and simple.

H.

Oldman

Cheers H, that may be the option.
The only problem is having to spray outside, due to every time I have used a spray can of any sort it has worsened my Asthma for 48 hrs.

upnick

Hi  Mike,   

I think  H  has the solution  i  was thinking the same,    make your structure &  then  invest in a good   quality spray mask,  take the structure outside &   spray it  leave in the shed or outside until  the paint fumes have gone &  hopefully it wont affect your Asthma  :thumbsup:

Vanders

In answer to the specific question, yes: Slaters (amongst others) Plastikard in all sorts of colours, including "Brick red"

MikeDunn

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations