Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevewalker

Commiserations Bob. Yes, spending time with friends and being distracted for a while is probably a good idea.

RailGooner

My best wishes to you Bob, and Val. Take comfort from the company of friends.

Delboy

Hi Bob,
Sorry to hear your sad news.
I second what everyone else has said.
Regards to you and yours at this sad time.
Dennis.
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Jerry Howlett

All my best to you Bob.

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

dannyboy

Sad news Bob and I can only repeat what others have said. I hope Val and her Mum are okay.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

crewearpley40

from us all our prayers and thoughts are with you and the family at this time. the next running session will be in 2019, hopefully

from us all at the forum

talisman56

Quote from: talisman56 on December 06, 2018, 10:47:04 PM
Quote from: talisman56 on December 04, 2018, 09:46:06 AM
Quote from: The Q on December 03, 2018, 06:23:53 PM
I shall be at the GPs on Wednesday morning,  my answer would be,  I'm fine,  which I am, as long as I keep taking the pills.  The visit is to the Vampire.  The following week,  I shall visit again and my answer will be I'm fine.  I will be prodded, weighed, measured and get the results of the Vampire.

Aaah, the annual 'MoT' - I went down to have the blood-sucking bit done last week, and within 24 hours had a phone call from them saying we didn't like something we saw, can we have another lot?  :worried: ???

So I went down for another blood sucking session, and after the deed was done, the nurse went to update the computer and suddenly said 'wait - they wanted a fasting blood test'. The person on the phone didn't say that, says I. 'OK, these are useless, can you come in again, after fasting this time?'  >:(

Another half-armful of blood extracted on Monday, heard nothing yet so looks like they're happy at the moment. End of next week I see the nurse for the second part of the MoT so I'll get all the gen then, hopefully.
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

stevewalker

A couple of years ago I posted about our eldest son (then 12) having an sudden fit (a severe one, culminating in cardio-respiratory arrest). After tests that found nothing, it was put down to an allergy to Hyoscine - it being the first time he'd had Kwells travel sickness pills.

Three years have passed without any recurrence, but yesterday morning, just as I was about to give him a lift to the bus stop on my way to work, he collapsed and fitted again (no arrest this time). So it looks like he actually has epilepsy :(

Now waiting for a referral to a Neurologist.

daveg

There's been a number of posts here recently and I am sad and sorry for the trials and tribulations that folks have had and some are going through just now.

I hope that the sharing of those is of some comfort.

The best I can do is wish that the soon upon us Christmas and New Year brings you happier and healthier times.

Dave G

Bealman

Yes, all the best to all members who have had sadness recently.

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

It's never good to get news like some of the posts but worse on the run up to what most folks look forward to - a break from work for a few days to celebrate the season. :(

guest311

Quote from: class37025 on November 30, 2018, 11:33:19 AM
SWMBO dropped a repeat prescription for a couple of her meds in to the GP surgery last week.

phoned the pharmacy monday, got the prescription, but one item needs ordering, will be in tuesday.

phoned tuesday, all in so down there, collected bag of assorted meds, and headed home.

SWMBO opened bag ...

item 1. 2x right item  :thumbsup:
item 2. 2 x 'what the hell are these ?'  :'(

should have been 2 x 200mcg of one thing, but was 2 x 100mcg of something else. label correct, item wrong  >:(

back to pharmacy, collared pharmacist, and by now in full RAFP SNOWDROP 'YOU HORRIBLE LITTLE MAN' mode..  :veryangry:

'don't know how that happened'

not the reply I was looking for !

'well I do. the person who picked the items didn't do their job, and the pharmacist who then checked the items didn't do theirs either. result my wife got wrong meds  :censored:'

he did then replace the items with the correct ones, and I left, carefully noting the grid reference of the pharmacy  >:D

but............
1. what if SWMBO was on her own, and didn't realise the mistake ?
2. what if the wrong meds had reacted with other meds she's on ?
3. how often is this mistake made, in spite of a supposed two person check system ?
4. presumably the wrong items cannot now be given to anyone else, so wastage at what cost ?

so.........

a few wee drams later, and a phone call to NHS England to raise a formal complaint.

now awaiting their response.

am I over-reacting ?

UPDATE
received a letter from NHS England [southeast] a few days later with a form for SWMBO and I to sign to allow them to request her records, talk to surgery, and to pharmacy, and to contact me on her behalf.

also received a phone call from the investigating officer, confirming that they take this very seriously, and will proceed as soon as form returned, which it has been.

good news is SWMBO had another repeat prescription a couple of days ago, to see her over Xmas and New Year [ took the trailer down to collect it  >:D :smiley-laughing: ] and all was correct.

we'll now see what happens in the New Year.

RailGooner

So, here I am, at work, and getting a bit bored now.

I've been in since 9am and I've pretty much done all that needs doing. Plus I ate my lunch sarnies a couple of hours ago. And I've nearly polished off a family tin of Quality Street. :foodanddrink:

Tomorrow I will be happy! :claphappy: Tomorrow I will get a lie-in and loaf around at home all day. Tomorrow, I will take TOIL for today.

Today, I'm the only one in at work, because I'm the only idiot who didn't realise today was a block-leave day! :dunce: :'(

dannyboy

But come tomorrow - you will be a happy idiot!  ;)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Quote from: RailGooner on January 02, 2019, 01:27:00 PM
Tomorrow I will get a lie-in and loaf around at home all day.

Brown? White? Sliced? Unsliced? Come on - we need to know these important things ::)

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations