Head and tail lights

Started by LenV, March 09, 2017, 10:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LenV

Sorry if this has previously been discussed but I could not find any reference. I would like to operate my diesel locos (Farish) lights separately if it is possible. I am running DCC with Lenz silver mini decoders. Any advice would be appreciated. Len

edwin_m

It is quite easy to do but I don't have the details to hand.  With the 66 I just had to disconnect one wire from each end of the PCB and connect to spare function outputs.  However I think the Lenz only has two functions - I used a Zimo decoder which has two "extra" functions although you have to solder to pads on the decoder. 

njee20

Yes, you need a 4 function decoder, like the Zimo MX621N

LenV

Thanks guys. I suspected it would mean a new decoder. I might as well start thinking of sound, depending how difficult it is to fit. Len

Ian Bowden

Quote from: LenV on March 09, 2017, 05:00:10 PM
Thanks guys. I suspected it would mean a new decoder. I might as well start thinking of sound, depending how difficult it is to fit. Len
Depends on what loco you are doing. Look at the Youchoos (http://www.youchoos.co.uk/) there are DCC sound fitting instructions for quite a few locos. Worth looking before you start.
Also in this forum there are items on fitting sound projects look at them especially ones from Caz who has fitted sound into seemingly impossibly small locos.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £5.67
Below Goal: £94.33
Site Currency: GBP
 6%
May Donations