101 DMU 4 Car

Started by borderterryer, March 23, 2014, 09:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

borderterryer

I have a blue 3 car 101 and want to make up a 4 car with the rare buffet car of the 1970s which I remember seeing regularly at Newcastle Central. How can I get another trailer car to adapt without buying another 3 car set? Thanks

borderterryer

Thanks, been looking for months, the only items seem to be full new sets or non runner two car sets. No-one has put a trailer on as far as I can see, let alone a blue one. Are there any spares retailers to buy a chassis and body separately perhaps?

1936ace

Hey I think I have one. I have bought a collection and there is a single dmu car I thought it was a 101 from memory but I wont be picking it up until another couple of weeks as the owner is on holidays. I thought it odd that there was a boxed graham farish single intermediate car sold, it was the old Poole built version
I will go through the photos I have to see if dud take one of it
Pm me if you are interested
Bart

1936ace

Hey found the photo on the iPhone. Is this the car you are after. If it is I'm happy to part with it
I have sent some other locos and wagons to the uk to ngf members and they all made it safely
Bart

borderterryer

Thanks, will pm after work

Dr Al

Bear in mind that's an old Poole tooling DMU car, so won't match your set if your set is a new tool Bachmann Farish one.

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

MJKERR

Is your existing Class 101, the older or newer type?

If it is the newer type, then you obviously want a newer type trailer
What not contact Peters Spares, see if they are willing to split a set
Alternatively purchase a three car set
You could then operate one 2 car set and one 4 car set, or dispose of the spare 2 car set

Bob G

I had a spare 108 centre car from a modelling project and sold that on EBay for an amazing £28.55. It would have been cheaper for the buyer to buy a 3-car and sell the two end cars as a unit. But it only goes to show how folk always want to do something different to what the manufacturers supply!
Happy hunting.
Bob

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations