Bachmann (inc EFE and Graham Farish) Summer 2023 announcements

Started by Skyline2uk, May 03, 2023, 12:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyline2uk

In what I personally think is a strong announcement in terms of showing continued support for N gauge, here is a list of what was announced in the video released this morning.

Note: There may be detail errors and or missing running numbers as I am doing this at lunch on my phone. Check with stockists for full details and prices:

Farish Spring 2023
Collectors Club Class 20s (LT Maroon), 20142 and 20227

(EFE) China Clay PBA "Tigers" in ECC Tiphook Blue and ECC International White (weathered and pristine offered)

BR 5MT in
Early Emblem Lined Black (DCC ready or Sound Fitted), BR1B tender

Late Emblem Lined Black (DCC ready or Sound Fitted), BR1 tender

Early Emblem Lined Black (DCC ready or Sound Fitted), BR1C tender

LMS Ivatt 2MT, LMS black Black (DCC ready or Sound

LMS Ivatt 2MT, BR Black early (DCC ready or Sound Fitted)

LMS Ivatt 2MT, BR Green early (DCC ready or Sound Fitted)

LMS Ivatt 2MT, BR Black late (DCC ready or Sound Fitted)

GBRF Class 60 60095 sound fitted

BR MK1 Crimson and cream:

TSO SC3987
TSO E3870
SK SC24172
CK SC15180
RMB restaurant mini buffet
BSK
BCK
BG

BR MK1 Maroon

TSO E4472
TSO M4440
SK M25749
SK M25745
CK E15136
CK SC15148
BSK
BG

BR MK1 Chocolate and Cream

TSO
TSO
SK
SK
CK
CK

BR MK1 Blue Grey

TSO
TSO
SK
SK
CK
BSK
BG

BR MK1 Maroon West Coast Railways
TSO
TSO
RMB
BSK

Plus

BCK in NR Yellow
SK in sealink

BR MK2 F Blue Grey

TSO M6116
TSO M6181
BSO

BR MK2 F Swallow

TSO 6115
TSO 6110
FO
BSO
BSO

BR MK2 F Virgin

TSO
TSO
BSO
BSO
FO

BR MK2 F Scotrail (era 9)

TSO
TSO
BSO
BSO

Plus Network Rail

TSO
BSO

TTA shell / BP black (x2 numbers)
TTA total grey (x2 numbers)
TTA ICI white (x2 numbers)
TTA Charingtons Mobile Red (x2 numbers)

HAA hopper BR Red Cradle (x2 numbers)
As above but weathered (x2 numbers)
HAA hopper EWS (x2 numbers)

HCA (hooded) Transrail (x2 numbers)
HFA (hooded) Mainline Weathered

16T mineral BR grey
16T mineral Weathered Grey (2x numbers)
16T mineral BR Bauxite (2x numbers)
Tripple pack in weathered grey also offered

OBA wagon in EWS unbranded (2x numbers)
OBA in Red Grey (2x numbers)
OBA in freight brown (2x numbers)

New tooling:
MXA Lobster DB Red (2x numbers, different brakes)

Good news for those looking for MK1 and MK2 coaches.

Skyline2uk

Suffolk Rob

I'd agree, lots of recent concerns regarding passenger stock addressed and evidence that scaling down of Kernow's OO range isn't a  one off

Won't meet everyone's wants but a move in the right direction

Rob

Richard Taylor

As I've said on "the other place", as I've moaned about Farish before it's now only right that I offer heartiest congratulations on this set of announcements.  Just what N needed.

(Just perhaps a tiny suggestion that if they could find a middle way between feast and famine for future announcements that would be nice! But that's really only a concern about affordability of so much stuff released in one go - especially if you're concerned that it won't be re-run for five years.)

Richard

Newportnobby

Maybe they do have a spy on the forum after all, perhaps under the codename 'Cochise' ;)

Skyline2uk

Quote from: Richard Taylor on May 03, 2023, 12:22:10 PM
As I've said on "the other place", as I've moaned about Farish before it's now only right that I offer heartiest congratulations on this set of announcements.  Just what N needed.

(Just perhaps a tiny suggestion that if they could find a middle way between feast and famine for future announcements that would be nice! But that's really only a concern about affordability of so much stuff released in one go - especially if you're concerned that it won't be re-run for five years.)

Richard

I do agree on that.

This would be my only niggle, as well as minor points on livery choice for HAAs (I now don't know if the long announced Yellow cradle ones will appear).

Still, as you say, very positive overall.

Skyline2uk

Foxhound

Rob and Becky (artistic director)

Roy L S

eddief83

Quote from: Richard Taylor on May 03, 2023, 12:22:10 PM

Richard

I suppose the logic here is they had the tooling for the Mk1's in the machine for a good run (I don't know if they have to change anything to produce an RMB over an SK or if its all on one slide) but if you can get a long run it improves output owing to reduced downtime to swap tooling over. Perhaps longer runs with longer lead times is what the market needs to get quantities out there.

I am hopeful of picking up a good few blue and grey mark 1's and Mark 2F's now

eddief83

Quote from: Skyline2uk on May 03, 2023, 12:28:49 PM
This would be my only niggle, as well as minor points on livery choice for HAAs (I now don't know if the long announced Yellow cradle ones will appear).

You will probably find the long announced Yellow one will be in the same shipment - this video is for new announcements. The Standard 5 had no mention of the Green one that is also coming but did say that the 2 previous announcements without sound were getting sound as well. So anything already in the catalogue is not mentioned

pinball

Well I am quick to moan about the lack of coaches, so a big well done on this announcement - although the bank may disagree!

Dalek

So glad to see the mk1's, maroon Thompson coaches can't be far away. My only concern is that i would like to see retailers with stock for me to buy when i want, not getting financially hammered due to fear of never seeing the item for sale again and having to buy more than i can afford at the time when i could spread it out a bit and you know, eat and stuff   :*(

Craig

martyn

The Bachmann news webpage says that the Summer announcements will be at the York Society Show, so another reason to attend.

Quote;

"This will be the first opportunity for members of the public to see the Summer N Scale British Railway Announcements",

Martyn

jpendle

Quote from: Dalek on May 03, 2023, 01:46:16 PM
when i could spread it out a bit and you know, eat and stuff   :*(

Craig

There's the lobsters at the end if you're really hungry  :D

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

Dalek

Quote from: jpendle on May 03, 2023, 01:52:41 PM
Quote from: Dalek on May 03, 2023, 01:46:16 PM
when i could spread it out a bit and you know, eat and stuff   :*(

Craig

There's the lobsters at the end if you're really hungry  :D

John P

I'll stick to the bread and water  :D

TomE

The NGN summary is up and online with plenty of photos here: https://bit.ly/44nyFNw

A great announcement I feel, with plenty for most people. A sign that Bachmann are absolutely committed to Farish and supply should be significantly improved going forward!

Tom.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations